Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Double Z Fold Fun

 Hello Friends ...

HAPPY TUESDAY!

Today I once again wanted to create a card for the celebration over on the TIME OUT Challenge blog 

 

where they are celebrating their 10th birthday and while commenting on some friends blogs this morning, I spotted a Double Z card created by my friend Jolanda (The Inque Spot Studio) ... you can find her card HERE and thought it would be perfect for a masculine birthday card.  Here's what I came up with . . .


I went into my huge collection of 12x12 papers and spotted these green papers that I thought would be suitable for a masculine card.  And, since I wanted to use one of bird stickers I've had in my scrapbooking supplies for at least 10 years, I thought the plaid would work nicely with the greenery background.

This bird sticker is more like 15 years old ... it's a PSX Designs sticker sheet that I bought not long after moving here to Akron and we've been here 20 years.  I believe this company has been out of business for quite awhile sadly as I love these stickers for a quick card creation.


Other challenges I'd like to share in are:

Cardz 4 Guys Challenge #341 - Fun folds

Cardz 4 Guyz Logo

Coincidently Double Trouble (#160) is partnering with Creative Creases (#76) to celebrate the 3rd Anniversary of Anything Goes with Creative Creases, a challenge dedicated to fun folds so I'm going to join in their fun too.

  

Well, that's it for today ... time to get busy here!
Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you an AMAZING day ahead!!

As always . . .


13 comments:

  1. What a great double Z Fold card, Darlene! It's one of my favorite folds and adding your sweet chickadee sticker is the perfect focal point for these patterned papers. Thank you for playing with the Creative Creases and Double Trouble Challenges, and I hope you can join us again soon. We really appreciate your support!
    Debbie, DT
    Secrets To Stamping

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun fold that I've admired many times, but have never made. Lots of opportunity for designer papers here and you've used some pretty patterns! Add to that, the bird sticker is incredible! Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great card for a guy, that is one of my favorite folds. You even got a great photo of it, my pictures usually turn out all wonky looking! Thanks for joining us at Double Trouble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a beautiful, Fun fold card, Darlene. Love the choice of your paper. Thank you so much for joining us at Time Out. Hugsxx Deepti

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy Cow that is one beauty. I am a sucker for plaid but your stickers are fantastic as well. Stash of paper is never a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the bird on the pinecone - those papers are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. You rocked our "Fun Fold" challenge!! Thanks for playing along with us over at Cardz 4 Guyz. I love your mixture of designer papers...you picked great ones for a guy card!!
    Deb Horst, DT #C4G341

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dar, I just LOVE the chickadee, pine cone and paper! Thanks for celebrating our 3rd Anniversary with us at CCC.
    Karen, DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous, I just love the papers you used and the sticker is perfect with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a fabulous card, Darlene. I love the combination of papers you used, and that birdie sits so well on the plaid! That surely is a fun fold. I am so happy to see you in our gallery! Twice! I don't know how you do it, but so glad you do. Thanks so much for joining in our birthday celebration at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad Jolanda's card inspired you to create another masculine fun fold... again handsome but also beautiful. The bird sticker is beautiful and looks so good with plaid... and such a nice find in your stash for a quick embellishment to your fun fold. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble and Creative Creases.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful Double Z card Darlene. Your little Chickadee looks so realistic. Thank you for joining us for Creative Creases Challenge #76. Hope to see you again soon.

    Rae in Reno
    Creative Creases DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely gorgeous Darlene. I love the papers and the bird nestled on the pine branch along with the pine cone, just fabulous, the fold is wonderful and easy to see how you did it, so left my PC went across to my desk and made a base..I love the florals in the background and the plaid in front..gorgeous card..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.