Saturday, February 3, 2024

February Challenge at Triple B

  Hello Friends!

Have you checkout our challenge blog called TRIPLE B?
It's all about using any of your stash but your project must have at least a BIRD, a BUTTERFLY or BLOOMS (flowers) visible on it.  Hence the title Triple B.

Here's this months inspiration board ...

I just LOVE this mood board and my mind was racing on what to create for today's card sample.  This time I went with the 'Blooms' part of our Triple B selection.

 

While looking through my supplies, I cam across this Stampendous 'Leafy Holiday PCS (SSC2014) and spotted the rose and thought YES ... I could use that for my black/white background AND my pop of red!  Unfortunately, since this set is so old, the only place I found it still available was Amazon.

Can you believe I think I've only used this stamp set once and that was to create a CAS holiday card... yikes!  I really need to go through all my 'schtuff' and start using some of the things I just couldn't live without at the time and start using them!  And trust me, there's a LOT that falls under that category!  LOL

 

Anyways ... here's the card I came up with for you today and I hope you like it.  I was very pleased with how it came together.  In fact, I need to start using more of my stamps to create a coordinating background ... I think it looks great.


I used Vermafine Onyx to stamp them, Tombow markers for the coloring and then fussy cut each one.  When positioning, I tried to place them over top of a coordinating stamped rose.  Guess I should have paid more attention to that detail when I was stamping the background.  Didn't think about it until I was trying to position the colored roses and make them fit in properly.  'Lesson Learned!'

Remember, our challenge begins on the 3rd of each month, ends on the last day of the month and Winner's are announced on the 2nd of each month.  You can create ANYTHING you want as long as you use a BIRD, a BUTTERFLY or a BLOOM! 

I hope you'll come join in the fun!
Thanks for stopping by today!

As always ...

 



3 comments:

  1. I personally love how the red roses float on the bg. Maybe a mat layer of vellum for your sentiment would have given it more weight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hear you about trying to use some of those older things you couldn't live without at the time. I'm on a mission to do exactly that. What a gorgeous creation you have here, Darlene! The way you did the background is kind of amazing how you fit them on there, and your colored roses are a rich splash of gorgeousness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful set for sure, so surprised you haven't used it more and it looks great with the black and white background and adding the pop of red!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.