Thursday, July 4, 2024

Fun New Challenge to play in . . .

 Hello again ...

Today's a holiday and since we don't have any plans, I've decided to spend the day playing in my cave and joining in on some fun challenges.  There has been one in particular I've been trying to get the time to play in and tell you about ...

That new challenge blog is called A CUT ABOVE and it is run by good friend and fellow crafter Vicki Robertson.  You'll want to be sure to check it out and play along.  Her challenge theme is all about die cuts and Lord knows we all have several in our stash to play with.  The first theme is (appropriately named) Start Off With a Bang!

Here's what I've come up with . . .


The designer paper's I've used are from the Echo Park 'Let Freedom Ring' 6x6 pack.

And, I've used blue glitter paper to die cut my Sue Wilson stars.
The flag is also a die cut (but for the life of me I can't find it in my binder) ... I made this awhile back and had it in my stash just waiting for the right time to use it.  I've also used red Stickles for additional sparkle!

Be sure to pop over and check out the fun, new challenge blog!

Challenges to share in:
Colorful Options July Challenge - Flag Colors



Little Red Wagon Challenge #763 - Light It Up
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Stars and/or Stripes
Die Cut Divas Challenge - Add Some Glitter

Thanks for stopping by ...



6 comments:

  1. Very festive!! Thanks for playing along our July challenge at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super fun and sparkly, Darlene! Love all of the different 4th of July elements on this. Thanks so much for all of your help and promoting A Cut Above. Looking forward to your new blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous sky and card Darlene..
    Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Little Red Wagon, hope you will play again..
    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene! Your card is fabulous! Love the use of patterned paper and glitter. Thank you for playing with us! Have a great weekend!
    Cheers, 🎨 🌈🎢✨ Makira
    https://parkhoppingmyhappyplace.com/
    https://colorfuloptions.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card-loving all the fireworks and the glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous card, Darlene. I can just hear those fireworks, good thing my dog doesn't mind them....lo. Lots of fabulous work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at A Cut Above, I hope we see you back again soon!
    Judy~ Guest Designer for A Cut Above

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.