Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Double D - BASKET Full of POSIES

 


Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
Basket Full of Posies
(use a basket, posies or both)
 
and here's an inspiration board created to help get you started . . .
 

 
 I spotted this 'wicker basket' decorative paper in an OLD paper pad and knew immediately what I wanted to use it for!  I felt it made the perfect backdrop for today's theme.  I then went through my MANY floral stamp sets and decided upon the Altenew 'Build a Garden' - 'Dear Dahlia' stamp & die set.  You can do SO MUCH with this stamp when it comes to coloring but I went with the main colors in the mood board.


After coloring & die cutting, I die cut another white card stock panel to add a bit more dimension to these beautiful flowers.  A sentiment from the TON and a few Scrapbook.com POPS and my card is ready for the postman.
 
 Simon Says Stamp! Altenew Build a Garden DEAR DAHLIAS Clear Stamp, Die, Stencil and Blending Brush Combo  ALT7373BN
 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

7 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty with the flower spray and basket weave in the background. The colors of the flowers stand out beautifully. You created a wonderful mood board for us and a stunning card! Thanks for being such a great team leader.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design, Dar! That basket patterned paper looks familiar and I think it's in my stash too. I love this Altenew build a garden set. The pinks are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a stroke of luck to find that wicker basket paper to go with your beautiful flowers! This is so pretty with those beautifully colored blooms!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I get a comforting feeling when I see this card. That background is super cool with the flowers over the top. Great choice and wonderful design. Thanks for the ideas on the mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That Designer Paper is fabulous and doesn't look like paper at all, looks very dimensional! Love your pretty pink posies! This is darlin', Darlene! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow that paper looks so pretty and real. lovely flowers to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that background patterned paper, it's perfect for this challenge. And you have really done that Altenew set justice, this is just beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.