Sunday, July 7, 2024

Peace on Earth Challenge #67

 

Breaking News!!

We have  a NEW challenge blog starting on July 13th
that will normally start on the FIRST Saturday of each month
and end on the last day of each month and it is 
Love Those Pretty Patterned Papers
where the theme is to use your 'hoard' of pattern papers
you can read all about it HERE!


 Hello Friends and welcome back to my blog! 
SO happy you stopped by!

Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE BLOG.  Of course the theme is Anything Christmas and we hope you'll come join in the fun! 

Here's a fun inspiration board we've created to help get you started ...


 I have to say, I struggled a bit with this card ... I'm not good at 'non traditional' Christmas card colors but I guess that's why they call it a 'CHALLENGE!' lol

 So, I happened to remember there was an Echo Park paper pack in that Warehouse Sale they had last year and it just so happens it's Red/White & Blue ... called 'Let Freedom Ring'.  SO ... that's where my card began to take shape.

To pull in the Christmas portion of my card, I decided to create some poinsettias as the focus.  I've used some very old dies and the company is no longer in business.  I'm referring to Cheery Lynn Designs ... I know they came back under a different name but I think that company is also closed now.  Anyways, I've used 'Poinsettia Strip' (B324) and their 'Holly Flourish' (B148).


 I also had a couple 'shiny' ornaments die cut and in a little back along with the die set which is an old Memory Box ornament die set so popped those on there too for the 'shiny' element.

 

PLEASE be sure to pop over to THE BLOG and check out the amazing designs our design team has created for your inspiration.  What a group of talented ladies!!  Then come join in the fun!! 

  Have a great day!

As always ... thanks again for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. A fabulous way to show off your RWB blooms, so pretty and patriotic for July!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fabulous Darlene! I love the fun plaid poinsettias. So unique! The dark blue background makes everything pop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pack came in very handy for the challenge, love how you did the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to be so late in commenting - I've had visitors and been really busy with them! Two fabulous cards - love the plaid for the poinsettias and the way they tie in so well with our mood board.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.