Friday, February 23, 2018

Dies R Us Inspiration - BEE HAPPY

Hello friends ...
 Today I have a card to share for the Dies R Us Inspiration Blog
and I truly had fun creating this card!  I had this idea in
my head when I purchased these dies and I'm very 
happy with the outcome!  I hope you like it too!


The dies I have used are:

Memory Box - Dies - Honeycomb Square
Memory Box - Dies - Intricate Bee
Tutti Designs - Word Set - Happy
Memory Box - Dies - Classic Upper Alphabet

Remember, if you ever find the die you want is Out Of Stock ...
Click on the 'Put Me On The Waiting List', fill out the form and you will be notified as soon as that die is back in stock!

Now, here are a couple of tips on how this card was put together.
Distress Ink Pad - Fossilized Amber
I used yellow gingham designer paper as my background, but sponged the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink to add depth.  I die cut the honeycomb twice.  Leaving some of the area pieces in place and removed others, I glued (and linked them together) on my designer paper background.


I used this same paper for the wings & body of the bee.  Adding ink to only the body part of the bee ... not the sections used for the wings ... giving them more of a transparent look.


Here's another peek at the finished card . . .


I hope you've enjoyed what I've shared today! 

Challenges to share in:
Scrapy Land Challenge #84 - ATG using product carried in their store
Aud Sentiments Challenge #197 - For a Friend
 Moving Along With the Times Challenge #65 - Things from my chosen song (Things of the sky)
Southern Girls Challenge  - Nature

Please remember, each an every day of the month there's a new inspiration sample shared on the blog by this fabulous design team.  Please be sure to pop in regularly.

Also, don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.

 For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.

click below for:

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.