Sunday, February 25, 2018

Inspired by our friends . . .

Happy Sunday Everyone!

Isn't it wonderful to be inspired by your friends!
I know my daughter is inspired by the friends she runs & works out with ... my mom is inspired by her church friends and I am blessed to be inspired by so many people ... especially my online crafting friends.  One in particular inspired me this week to CASE one of her recent card posts for the many cards I will be needing for an upcoming show.
Thanks Diane (Nellie's Nest) ... you can see her post HERE.

Here's my rendition of her designs ...


INSIDE VERSE BY IMPRESSION OBSESSION
 I have used the Tutti Designs Nesting Heart Dies on all four cards. 

The card above I have used a scrap of designer paper for the background and INLAID the heart die cut.  From the same scrap of paper I fussy cut a butterfly and OVERLAID it atop the butterfly on the paper for dimension.  My sentiment is from Impression Obsession - 'CL48 - Greeting Galore'.  The focus panel has been popped up using dimensional tape.

My card below uses the same Tutti Heart Dies and another panel of scrap from the same designer paper as above.  This time I simply positioned the designer paper behind my cut out and matted onto a scrap of card stock.  This is a GREAT way to use up some of my scraps.  The butterflies were punched from other scraps using the Martha Stewart 3-in-1 butterfly punch.  When I have a small panel of paper that I've either watercolored or inked in some way, I usually punch out these butterflies and put them in a jar to be used on future creations .. like today!  A few pretty sequins and this card is ready for the sale box too.


 Switching it up just a bit, I've gone with a bird theme for the next two cards but kept with the same basic design.


INSIDE VERSE BY IMPRESSION OBSESSION
 These images were both found online and I had set aside to use for cards I create for a local tea shoppe.  In fact, I might see if the owners like these cards and will create extras for them.  The upper sentiment comes from a fun Dare 2B Artzy clear stamp set called 'Cup of Cheer'.  The inside birthday verse is the same on both cards.

 The cute sentiment in the upper corner of the card below is by Art Impressions and the Ivy is a die by Elizabeth Craft called Ivy Vine.  Both cards have had the focus panel popped up using dimensional tape.


 I hope you have found inspiration in today's creations.  I'm very happy with them and even though I struggle with the CAS (clean & simple) design, I truly had a lot of fun creating these. 

Challenges to share in:
Crafty Catz Challenge #405 - ATG twist/Birthday
That's Crafty Challenge  - I 'Heart' You ... use a heart on your project
Just Add Ink Challenge #397 - Just Add "H" (Heart, Happy)
Seize the Birthday Challenge - Coffee or Tea (card #3)

Have a fabulous week ahead and thanks for stopping by!
As always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.