Friday, February 23, 2018

It's Fussy and Fancy Time . . .

Hello Everyone!
It's time once again for a new challenge over at the 
Fussy and Fancy Challenge Blog!


Today's theme chosen by our very talented Beth is:

Your FAVORITE Color

 LOL ... anyone who knows me, knows what MY favorite color is!  
Yep ... ALL THINGS PURPLE (any shade)!
Here's what I created today . . .


Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Wilted Violet
Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Seedless PreservesI began by creating my watercolor background panel using Tim Holtz oxide distress inks.
  Distress Oxide Ink Pad - Cracked Pistachio
Next I die cut the Cheery Lynn Designs 'Daisy Lace Frame' from white card stock and adhered it over my watercolor background panel.

The image is from one of the many cards I receive in the mail from organizations we contribute to.  I used the Tutti Designs 'Dotted Nesting Rectangles' to cut the image and the purple matting frame which I created using the Tim Holtz Distress ink in the same color (Wilted Violet).  My card is A7 (5x7) in size and I also created my background purple panel using the Wilted Violet oxide ink then did the edges in the Wilted Violet distress ink.

 I have had this deep purple lace in my stash for a long time (hoarding it if you must know, lol) as well as the pretty floral daisy lace.  But I thought they went so well with this image, I just HAD to use some on today's card.  The Memory Box 'Calais Butterflies' are my only other embellishment.  And, they were die cut using the INSIDE (middle) of my purple background panel.

Challenges to share in:
Moo-Mania and More Challenge - Think Spring
The Paper Shelter Challenge #327 - Things that Fly (butterflies)
Scrapy Land Challenge #84 - ATG using product carried in their store

I do hope you will come join in our challenge fun!
See you there!

Thanks so much for stopping by and as always . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.