Saturday, February 5, 2022

Butterfly Birthday

 Hello Friends and Happy Saturday!

Well, we have finally 'dug out' from our recent 11" of snow but now it's too cold (single digits) to do much of anything outside so I'm just hanging out in my crafting cave playing with paper, ink, stamps & dies!

So, my BFF Diane (Nellie's Nest), is on a new design team for a relatively new challenge blog.  This is only their 2nd challenge so I thought I'd best get busy and create something to show her my support.  This new challenge blog is called Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges.  

 

Their challenge theme is: Anything Flies (goes) with a twist of PINK & BLACK. 
Here's what I came up with.


I just received my order from Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply where I purchased a few pads of 6x6 paper and I thought this pink panel from the Craft Consortium Ink Drops Candy pack would work perfectly for today's card.

I took the liberty of using a black fine tip marker and outlined around some of the 'ink splotches' on the pattern.  I then die cut THREE panels of the Memory Box Fairyland Butterfly (99078) and glued them together for dimension.  A birthday sentiment was added along with a few Pink Nuvo Crystal drops and Viola ... ready to go!

Memory Box FAIRYLAND BUTTERFLIES # 99078 die cut 873980990780 | eBay

Challenges to share in:

Watercolor Wednesday Challenge - All About Occasions
Di's Digi Challenge - Use Red and/or Pink  (I chose Pink)

Thanks for taking the time to stop by today. 
Hope you have a fabulous weekend ahead!! 
Stay safe & healthy!

As always . . .


9 comments:

  1. Great card Darlene !
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darlene I love the background you created for these beautiful butterflies!

    Thank you for joining in at the Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge. DT Val x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is absolutely gorgeous Darlene, the background paper with your black detailing was the perfect touch. Thank you for supporting Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges.
    Have a wonderful crafty weekend!
    Cat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card, Darlene. The patterned paper makes a lovely background for your butterflies. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Dar, that background looks just like you created it with alcohol inks, geez I hope you didn't enable me once again LOL ! A perfect card for our pink and black challenge, thanks so much for supporting us at Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges!
    Diane {Nellies Nest}
    {Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenges}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow those are gorgeous papers, I thought you did a bit of alcohol inking, I love how you used your black pen on them, the butterflies are so pretty against it!
    I am with you, the best thing to do is stay inside and create on these cold days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You gave that paper a whole different twist and it looks very cool! I have one pad and so far have reeled myself in from buying MANY more. Love the colors in this one. It's a pretty backdrop for your fluttering butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The black penwork on your background was a smart idea. Nice card. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a striking card, love how you outlines some of the background, really makes the design pop. Thankyou for playing along with Watercooler Wednesday, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.