Wednesday, February 23, 2022

The Sisterhood of Crafters - Favorite PET

 


 Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme, chosen by Sistah Debbie, is:
 
Favorite PET

I must confess ... I am NOT an animal lover!  It's not that I don't like them, it's just that at this stage of my life I don't need the mess to deal with.  That's not to say I haven't had pets over the course of my lifetime.  Oh yes ... there have been MANY ... and mainly DOGS!  It might sound weird to you, but my most favorite dog I've had in my life over the past 50 years was a Great Dane named Brutus!  He was an amazing animal ... HUGE and VERY LOVING!!

 So with dogs in mind, I created this cute little note card (I'm sure it will tickle someone's fancy at my next craft show.)  I've used the Frantic Stamper 'Oscar, Spot & Trixie' die set (10076).  I die cut them from ivory card stock then colored them with Tombow markers.

The 'dog' themed background paper is a 12x12 from my stash and the sentiment panel comes from an OLD Graphic45 12x12 paper pad called 'Raining Cats & Dogs'


 I created the 'grass' by simply tearing a scrap piece of green card stock and the Dog Bone is from a different die set ... Amy Designs 'Dog House' (10022)

 

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


6 comments:

  1. Super cute pup card!! When I first saw it and the sentiment, I was like "wait you don't have a dog" LOL. I am sure this card will make someone very happy as cute as it is. Gotta tell you though, pets are so much fun and loving and can make a home complete! I have 2 crafty cats with me daily and you know Freckles is one of them, she spends the day in my craft room into mischief!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for a dog lover, Darlene! I love how you cut them out and colored them. I have started to do that as well and love the look. I have to agree with you about there coming at a time when having a pet is a lot of work. But I can't imagine not having a little furry friend to love. My bird feeders bring all kinds of wildlife - not just birds - but it's the little one cuddled next to me that warms my heart the most. Have a great rest of your week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, you know me... dog lover! Wally and LuLu give me lots of reasons to smile everyday and I'm so grateful for that. Your darling card is guaranteed to tug at the heartstrings of any dog lover. So cute, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we have had cats, dogs, fish, hamsters and rabbits over the years. Two cats now. These dogs are just the cutest, great coloring of them, I am sure this will be a winner at the show!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute card, lovely doggie die./xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your die cut dogs are sooo cute Darlene. Nice touch with the torn grass and great dp background. Love your sentiment. Like me I don't have a dog any more. So hard if you go away although that has been hard over the last few years. Loved them when I had them. How fun to have a Great Dane!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.