Wednesday, February 2, 2022

Double D - Hearts

 

 Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Diane is hosting today's challenge and our theme is:
 
 HEARTS
 
and here's an inspiration board Diane has created to help get you started . . .


 

My first inspiration when seeing the mood board was to use the beautiful red/white gingham but then I realized I was all OUT of red/white gingham so had to shift gears.   Of course I stuck with the red/white color scheme but went with the hearts as my focus.

 The heart background paper is a 12x12 sheet that I've had in my stash for years.
I've used the largest heart in the Tutti Designs Nesting Stitched Hearts die set for my background heart

 TUTTI-216 Nesting Stitched Hearts

 then used the Memory Box 'Double Heart Banner' (#99083)

 at Simon Says STAMP! | Heart banner, Memory box dies, Memory box

 I die cut the Double Heart Banner twice ... once from the background paper and once from red card stock.  I then proceeded in doing a little paper piecing.


Lastly, I die cut the Tutti Designs LOVE twice from white card stock and glued them together for a little additional dimension and adhered it to the banner.  Unfortunately this LOVE die is no longer available at the Tutti Designs store.

 I hope you've found inspiration from today's creation!  
The prize that you'll be playing for this time around is:


 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!! 

Challenges to share in:

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Love
Creatalicious Challenge #228 - ATG / Love
Dies R Us Challenge #186 - Valentines/Love

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .


14 comments:

  1. Beautiful heart die and so effective on this delightful card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love this double heart on top of the big heart and that banner is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Valentine card, such a pretty and perfect background paper and a lovely design!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore that double heart die cut, love how you used the same DP as your background--so pretty! Loving all of these heart creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, I love this! The double heart design with the banner is fabulous! The printed paper you used is sweet as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. so pretty, I just love the hearts within a heart, pretty pattern paper too, great design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful design, love the pretty red and white!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is just beautiful, Dar! What a great die cut. I thought the design was made from more than one other than the Love. Perfect paper for this perfect Valentine!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so eye catching. The papers are perfect for this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would be inspired by the red and white gingham, too. I wonder if I have any? I should at least make a card for Rich, sheesh. The heart banner die you used is very pretty and love how you did the paper piecing. Catching up again... slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, this is so pretty. I love the simple design with the patterned paper and die cuts. Great take on the Mood Board, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your card is amazing Darlene — love the way you have put it all together with the different heart designs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, Darlene, you got the colors and patterns perfect, the card just pops off the page, I do like it very much! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene, this is gorgeous! The colors are perfect for the holiday, and I LOVE that double heart die! Happy Valentine's Day and thanks for joining us at Dies R Us Challenges! (miss you) Julie, DT member

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.