Friday, February 4, 2022

Turner Syndrome Card Auction

Hello Friends!

I wanted to create a post to make everyone aware of a very WORTHY CAUSE is taking place on Instagram starting today at 9:00 AM (EST) and will end on Monday, Feb. 7th at 9:00 AM (EST).

The cause I'm referring to is the Turner Syndrome Awareness Card Auction.

If you're not familiar with this disease, please read about it HERE
Good friend and fellow crafter Lori Kobular's sweet daughter Julie is afflicted with Turner Syndrome and for a few years now myself and many other fellow crafters have been trying to get the word out about this disease and hopefully raise some $$ for further research.

I have created a couple of cards for the Instagram Auction that I'd like to share with you and if you'd like to bid on either card, you can go HERE.

Card #1


This masculine birthday card was created using two different die sets ...

I've used the Shiplap dies from The Greetery to create my background 


and the Sue Wilson Three Cheers die set for the focus images.  Liquid Applique was used to create the beer foam on the top of the glasses (looks really cool in real life).  I did die cut the sentiments in both white & black then off set them to create a shadow effect.

 

 Card #2


This card was created using Stampscapes Stamps, TH distress inks and Prisma pencils.
If you're not familiar with these stamps, be sure to check them out.  I LOVE creating scenery cards using these stamps ... I find it very therapeutic!  I've actually used 5 different stamps to create this scene including the sentiment and the geese flying in the sky. 

 I began with 'Lakeside Cove lg' ...

 then I added extra pines on either side using 'Pine Row'

 

 Next, I added some color using TH distress inks & daubers along
with a few Prisma pencils.

To add dimension, I used the 'Leafy Branch' on either side of my image
and also added a few flying geese in the sky using the 'Ducks in Formation' stamp.

 

 

 My sentiment came from the Stampscapes Scenic Sentiment Sheet #4

Sentiments sheet 4

I hope you'll help us spread the word about Turner Syndrome
and join in the Auction.  This disease only affects GIRLS
so please take a minute to pop over and lend a helping hand.

As always . . .


5 comments:

  1. Two great cards and so different !!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for donating your beautiful cards for the Turner Syndrome Awareness Card Auction and for helping to bring awareness of TS! I appreciate all your support!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, Dar. YOU are the reason why I went and purchased the Shiplap DieCut from The Greetery some time ago - LOVE it. I wanted to thank you for letting me know about the Colorful Options Challenge. I fell in LOVE with the inspiration photo and made my card last night. I always enjoy a good challenge, and i gave you a little shout out on my blog post today.

    I didn't have time to participate (in making) the Lori's Turner Syndrome Auction this year, so I decided that I would just bid on some cards this year instead. Hey, who doesn't need a good $50 card or two, right? It's for a great cause. Thanks for participating, and I can't wait to see all the fabulous cards up for auction.

    Have a blessed week, my friend.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha just read Karen's comment. You have enabled BOTH of us to own that die set but hey she's used it at least, it is still in my future but I will get to it, bank on it. Now, may I faint now? THAT CARD (well, both cards) is fabulous! LOVE the LA for the foam. SO COOL! I've saved your card in my Greetery die folder AND my LA folder for samples. I've a LOT of your cards in my Greetery folder and I only own that one die, so I can swear out an affadavit that you have used it a bunch! Great cause, good on ya! heehee xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.