Sunday, February 6, 2022

Peace on Earth Christmas Challenge

 

Hello Friends and welcome back to my blog! 
SO happy you stopped by!

Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE BLOG.  Of course the theme is Anything Christmas and we hope you'll come join in the fun!  But, if you're in need of a little inspiration help, check out the board provided ...

 

 WOW ... where do I even begin to tell you how I put this card together?? 
This challenge was truly a struggle for me as my brain is a traditional Christmas color lover and had a terrible time switching over to a NON-traditional colored Christmas card.    In fact, I did have another card original made & ready to share but I just did NOT like the card so removed it and started anew!

The card base is a beautiful OLD SU card stock called Pink Pirouette and I just love it's soft pink color.  I didn't want to use designer paper today so I simply embossed the card front with a snowflake embossing folder by Cuttlebug/ProvoCraft.

Now onto the wreath ... that is a combination of 2 different wreaths I have in my collection of dies then covered it with several cuts from the smaller branch in the Sue Wilson 'Woodland Collection' (CED 3103) Pine Cone & Greenery die set.

Sue Wilson Dies Woodland Collection Pine Cone & Greenery CED3103

 The poinsettias were created using a very old Cheery Lynn Designs poinsettia die strip.  I did a little shaping and inking on the edge since they were cut from the same pink card stock.  Nuvo White Crystal drops were used for the poinsettia centers.


The greenery and little white sprigs were just bits & bobs I cut from a variety of different dies that I thought would work.  And finally, the sentiment is by Paper Rose (16877)

 Paper Rose Large Happy Birthday Dies

PLEASE be sure to pop over to THE BLOG and check out the amazing designs our design team has created for your inspiration.  What a group of talented ladies!!

Challenges to share in:

Crafty Catz Challenge #581 - ATG - Twist/Anything but Square
Crafty Hazelnut Christmas Challenge #580 - ATG
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #422 - Christmas
 

Have a great day!

As always ... thanks again for stopping by!

 

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful wreath and pretty pink poinsettias, it might of thrown you for a loop but you mastered it in the end as it is quite gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your pinks and that wreath is a stuner....absolutely gorgeous.
    With my card the reflection was done myself by using a small, gel plate type specifically made for reflection stamping...xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starting to love the non-traditional colors for Christmas and the is just beautiful, love how you made the wreath and gave it dimension, the flowers are gorgeous with the inking and shaping, LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card. The embossing provides the perfect background for the beautiful wreath and flowers. Great take on the mood board.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful in pink! Gorgeous job on the wreath and florals. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Okay, you can just stop blowing my mind now. This is one of the most gorgeous Christmas cards ever! I love Pink Pirouette and still have quite a bit of it. The wreath you created is awesome and the flowers, sigh... Well done, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a stunning Christmas card and thanks for sharing with us at Crafty catz in our Anything Goes challenge good luck and hope to see you joining in again. AuntySue

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful, Darlene, I love that shade of pink. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply Beautiful!!! Love it done in the soft pink. The wreath and poinsettias are so pretty. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  11. So pretty!
    Thanks for sharing with ATSM!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.