Thursday, September 21, 2023

BFF BIRTHDAY

 Hello Friends and Happy Thursday!

Yesterday was such a fun day for me, I met up with 12+ High School friends for lunch (ssshhh don't tell anyone but we've been out of school for 55 years ... good grief where has the time gone??)

May be an image of 14 people

Two of these ladies were celebrating birthdays so we also acknowledge that with a yummy cake for dessert.  Those birthday ladies were BFF Dorothy (back row far left) who has been a dear, dear friend since she came to our school in her sophomore year.  And, Judy (front row far right) who has been a dear, dear friend since we started school at the age of 5.  

I sent Dorothy a special card last week since her birthday was on the 14th but today's card was created for Judy who is celebrating her birthday TODAY!  She loves giraffes so I always try to come up with something of that nature for her card ... here's what I came up with this year.


She LOVED it and I was pretty happy with it too!  

I have used an older Stampendous stamp/die set - CLD18 - Giraffe.

 

Want to hear a funny story?

I realized I had a few of these already stamped off inside the stamp pack so got busy coloring.  Only colored one initially since I wasn't sure of my design yet and then proceeded to FUSSY CUT this cute little giraffe.  I then created my background sahara scene.  Then decided on using a couple more of these cute critters in my design so got them colored up.  It was THEN that I realized I had the dies to cut them out (they actually COME with the set) and could have saved all the time fussy cutting!  
UGH what was I thinking?  LOL

Anyways ... it was an awesome day all around and we plan on getting together again the 1st week of November and hopefully continue to gather together every couple of months.

Challenges to share in:

Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #454 - Any Occasion
Try it on Tuesday Challenge - Going Round in Circles
AAA Birthday Challenge #53 - Animals
The Cutie Pie Challenge #186 - Birthdays

Busy day ahead so I'd better get movin' ...
Thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day whatever you're are doing!

As always . . .


11 comments:

  1. Wow you still keep in touch with quite a few, I only have a handful I still talk to.
    This card is so cute, I can see why she liked it and I like the scene inside the circle too, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just adorable Darlene - of course she loved it! How wonderful to have been friends since you were 5 - a life time of memories! Hugs, Kate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card makes me smile! What a genius idea to have the giraffe peeking around the top and side...too cute! Thanks for visiting and commenting on my blog, I appreciate the time and love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrific image of you and all your graduation friends. Love, love, love this adorable card. Super cute images.

    ReplyDelete
  5. super cute critters for sure, great card. Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges, we hope to see you again in a few days for our October challenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous design, Darlene and I love how you have those mischivious giraffes popping into the card. I'm glad you enjoyed your reunion and how lovely that people are still coming after all this time.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. How fun to be able to still get together with so many high school friends. You're a great looking group of ladies. And thanks for sharing that fun card with us at TIOT. The giraffe is very cute. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card Darlene, I can see why she loved it. Thanks for joining us at The Cutie Pie Challenge. Pat K x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A real fun and cute card, thank you for linking with us at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a fun and lovey card !!! Thank you for playing at the AAA Birthday Card Challenges - Deekshita (Papiershades)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.