Saturday, September 23, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Bees / Beehive

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is ...

BEES / BEEHIVE

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


Not that bees are 'cute' but aren't these little guys adorable?  LOL

I've used the stamps & dies I purchased as a kit a few years back from Hero Arts.  I just love this set and so glad I got my hands on one before they sold out.    My coloring was all done using Tombow markers ... both with just the markers and also with water/artist brush.  The greenery behind the flowers was created using a few old leaf type dies and the sentiment (also from the kit) was stamped on a scrap of watercolor paper then using the yellow Tombow marker, water/artist brush, I water colored around the words and die cut it using one of the Sue Wilson 'Frames & Tags Collection' - Stitched Flags (CED4317).



The embossing folder I have used today is by Provo Craft - Cricut Cuttlebug - Honeycomb.  I have inked the inside panel using TH distress oxide inks prior to running it through my machine.

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .


 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

7 comments:

  1. Sweet card Darlene! Love your honeycomb background. Perfect place for your adorable bees to land while they enjoy those pretty flowers. Love the texture on all your die-cuts ... adds so much to the card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card and I always love it when you use those cute plump bees, they add so much to a card, the florals are beautiful as well, beautifully created my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just adore this card. I had my eye on that Hero Arts kit and wasn't fast enough to snag it. Those bees are so stinkin' cute and I love your overall design.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card Darlene! I like the pink flowers on top and ofcourse the cute bees as well!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful way to add pops of colour. A really stunning card xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. very cute, love the bees in all different poses!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card, all the texture on the background and the flowers looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.