Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Sisterhood of Crafters is Collaborating with ALTENEW!

  Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Our theme today is:
 
 DIE CUTS / Optional Anything Goes
 
We are excited to announce that we are collaborating with the awesome ALTENEW company for today's challenge.  They have a wonderful Build-a-Garden Collection  available and the SH DT is happy to showcase projects using some of those beautiful sets.  More details a little further down in my post.  (They are offering an AWESOME $50 GIFT CERTIFICATE PRIZE to our winner ... HOW COOL IS THAT!)
 
Here's the card I've created for our DIES portion of the current Sisterhood of Crafters Challenge.
 
 Did you ever have a time when the card you had in your mind is totally different from what you ended up creating?  LOL  Well, that's the case today.  

Of all my dies (and believe me when I tell you I have a LOT to pick from), I don't know why this one jumped out at me but since it did, I ran with it and this is how it turned out.

 

 This is the die I'm referring to ... Sue Wilson's 'Garden Delight'.

 

I did my die cutting from white card stock then colored in the frame & lattice using Tombow markers.  I had intended on only coloring the flowers that are on the die itself but I had a variety of floral stickers laying on the work table from a previous project and 'just couldn't stop myself'!  LOL 

*** MORE ALTENEW INFO  ***

I have chosen to showcase their Build-A-Garden: Rosa Gallica Bundle... here's what I created:

 

This bundle comes with the stamp set (lots of fabulous sentiment included), the coordinating dies and the stencils for awesome coloring fun.  They also include great instructions but if you still need more help, you can always go to their YouTube channel for visual instruction.

 

For this creation, I used stamp, stencil & die for my focus image.  For the background design, I used a 6x6 panel from the Make & Create Happy Watercolor paper pad, the frame was created using the larges die in the Memory Box 'Wrapped Stitched Frames' die set (#30117).  I've popped up the upper 2/3 of my flower using dimensional tape and finally a few little Nuvo drops to bring attention to the Altenew sentiment.


Did you know that Altenew also offers an Altenew Inspiration Challenge?
Here's the link & board ... be sure to pop over and check that out!

Altenew Inspiration Challenge

Inspiration Challenge 2023 09 SQ Option 1

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


6 comments:

  1. Both cards are creatively beautiful, love the pretty colors, surely to brighten up anyone's day, great inspiration for all!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cards are so beautiful with bright colors and layout. Great inspiration!!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, I always love a trellis with flowers all over it :) Those stencils with the stamp sets are so pretty how they add the layers of colors, I like the colors you picked for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful garden scene you've made with those dies! I love how you colored the flowers on the 2nd card too. Beautiful everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absoluty beautiful card 👏💐 congrats
    Have a great day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both beautiful Darlene. So colourful and creative. Wish I had such blooms in my garden.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.