Monday, June 17, 2024

Fractured Cards

 Hello Friends and Happy Monday!

Going to be a HOT day today (and the next 10 days if they are correct) so I won't be doing much out doors with the exception of watering my flowers in hopes of keeping them going until we get through the out of ordinary heat wave.  90 degree days in June in Ohio is not the norm and I'll be happy with the upper 70s/low 80s are back.  I don't handle the heat very well (fair complexion  lol ... burn very easy).

Anyways ... taking a break over the weekend from our half bath building in the craft room (saving my knees from all the up & down the steps) I decided to play with one of the 4 or 5 fractured card dies I purchased recently.    Hope you like them ... they were fun to make.


This was the first one I made using scraps from the 'Dress My Craft - Hydrangea Lawns' 6x6 paper pack.  A few added prima flowers and this card is ready to send.  


Then, while looking through my paper pads I noticed I had one that I have picked up to use many times but then put it back in the drawer because the colors were never 'quite right' for the project I was working on.  


SO, now's a good time to use just papers from this Altenew 'Verdant Walk' paper pack and create a few more fractured cards.  I've used the same fractured die for all three cards.




On the first two cards I used another panel behind the die pieces as a mat but on the third (birthday) card I simply used the die cut pieces/fractured frame on a white card base.  Beautiful either way I think. 

The die company is www.kokorosastudio.com.

 Challenges to share in:

{PIN}spirational Challenge #314 - JUNE - Flowers
Cut It Up Challenge #306 - Feeling Blue
Creative Knockouts Challenge #523 - 2 or more Pattern Papers

Thanks for stopping by ... be careful out in that heat!!

As always,


6 comments:

  1. Ooooo, love it using a hexagon. Fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous blues here! The hydrangea are beautiful and the die is perfect to highlight all the lovely papers! Thanks for sharing at Cut It Up! Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful card, perfect combination of cards, I really appreciate the idea of ​​recycling paper scraps. Thanks for joining creative Knockouts Taty x DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, very cool! I have this technique bookmarked for using my patterned papers. I didn't know there was a die. Your cards are all gorgeous and they look fun to make! I don't do well in the heat, either, so your crafty cave sounds like a nice place to be. Good idea to add the half bath so you can keep on crafting comfortably!

    ReplyDelete
  5. they all look great and lovely way to use those paper packs with all the pretty papers that go together so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful layout, what a perfect way to showcase all those lovely DP! So glad you joined us at Creative Knockouts!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.