Sunday, June 30, 2024

Thinking of you friend!

 Hello Friends ... Happy Sunday!

I wanted to join in the challenge over on the CAS on Friday blog where their current challenge theme is NATURE.  I have so many things that would fit this theme but then I spotted  a card laying on the shelf on my work table and I immediately knew what to use.

STORY BEHIND THIS CARDINAL

My dear friend Doni High passed away unexpectedly on Mother's Day and I miss her as much as I would any family member.  We became friends when she spotted me online and reached out letting me know she lived in the area ... or as she put it "I think we are neighbors!" LOL    It was was probably 5, 6 - 7 years ago when  we agreed to link up at a local restaurant and we became good friends from there.  We would get together for lunch or I'd go to her house and help her with adding her cards to her computer.  Recently she had begun having difficulty remember the steps to take to do so ... 

Anyways I received this card on May 1st and she passed on May 10th. 
She loved fiddling around with those dies that had all the little pieces and she knew I didn't have the patience for that LOL.

Such a sweet gesture from a sweet lady!  And she even made the card purple (my favorite color).  It's those little details that make the difference between an acquaintance and a friend.

I wanted to share this quote with you as it is so fitting . . .

I'm always here with you.
If a cardinal should appear,
A loved one came to bring you cheer.

A visitor from heaven is near.


Hope you have a wonderful day today and for my USA friends, a fabulous 4th of July week/weekend ahead!  Be safe out there with those fireworks ... they are fun but dangerous!

Challenges to share in:
Addicted to CAS Challenge #261 - Critter



TicTacToe Challenge #250 - Friendship/DieCuts/Ink Blend




Cut It Up Challenge #307 - Critters (Real or Fantasy)

As always ... I appreciate you stopping by!


6 comments:

  1. What a lovely story and a big loss for you. So sorry to hear that. We have a pair of cardinals that come to our feeder. We call them Hank and Hazel. Now you'll always think of her when you see a cardinal. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about Doni's passing. I've lost a few of my friends as well and it is so hard to let them go. You card is beautiful and I'm sure Doni would love it! Thanks for joining our Critters challenge at Cut it Up.

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card!!! And so sorry for the loss of your dear friend! Thanks so much for participating in our CUT IT UP challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely story and perfect card. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet of you to be remembering your dear friend with this card and also the lovely quote. thanks so much for sharing with us at TicTacToe Challenge this week. Betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss, I think she would be thrilled to know you used this cardinal on this card, love how you did the sky too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.