Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Stencil Fun Challenge - Birthdays

 

 Hello Everyone!

It's time for another fun challenge over on our Stencil Fun Challenge!

Remember, this challenge is all about using your STENCILS.
We are a MONTHLY challenge that begins on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month.
Theme will always be ANYTHING GOES USING STENCILS but we will also offer an OPTIONAL theme.

Here is the OPTIONAL theme chosen for this month:
 
BIRTHDAYS
 

 
The stencil used today is a Brutus Monroe stencil called 'Flowering Vine' (BRU2122).

 Flowering Vine | Mixed Media Stencil
 
 
 
For my second card (Anything Goes),  I created this card . . .


My focus image was created using an OLD (2003) Martha Stewart Adhesive Stencil Scroll.  This set is designed to be used on glassware but I figured it would work on cards as well ... and it did!  You see the date?  Well this is the very first time I've used these scroll stencils and I also have another set ... different patterns in my stash.

Martha Stewart Crafts™ Adhesive Stencil Scroll 5.75 x 7.75 inches 2 pieces

I think I found them at Walmart or maybe JoAnns ... WAY BACK WHEN!

I used the ink left over in some of my sponge daubers for the coloring then matted with old SU paper and die cut the Tutti Designs Sympathy sentiment from a scrap of the same SU paper.
 
 It's pretty simple but I like how it came together.
 
Hopefully you'll get those stencils out and have some fun with us.
We won't always have a prize but periodically we will, you just never know!
We do have a Top 3 and a Top winner and it could be YOU!
 
Please come join us and GOOD LUCK!!
As always . . .
 

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, your first card is so pretty! I love the stencil and the colors. Very interesting about the second card. I've never seen this old product, but it works quite nicely for today's card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards turned out great, love the beautiful colors of the flowering vine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.