Friday, June 7, 2024

Simply Clean & Simple - TROPICAL

 Hello my friends and welcome to my blog!

Today I have a card to share for our challenge blog using the CAS (clean & simple) design style. 
Our blog is called Simply Clean & Simple and today's OPTIONAL theme is
TROPICAL.
 
At first I struggled with this theme but then a light bulb came on and I came up with this creation . . .
 

 I die cut one of the psalm trees from the Sue Wilson Tropical Collection 'Island Paradise' (CED21009) set to create my 'negative space'.  I then used a half sheet from one of the 6x6 panels in the Altenew 'Alcohol Ink Backgrounds' paper pack and glued it behind the open space psalm tree.  Lastly I created my 'Aloha' sentiment by die cutting the letters from Memory Box 'Classic Uppercase Alphabet' die set (#98361).
VIOLA!

    

As you can see in the photo at the top of this post, I used dimensional tape all the way around my front panel (and in the middle) before adhering it to my lime green card base.  Just for a little added dimension.

  Remember, our challenge is Anything Goes CLEAN & SIMPLE but we do offer an OPTIONAL theme and this time around it is TROPICAL.

Hope to see you at SIMPLY CLEAN & SIMPLE!

As always . . .

4 comments:

  1. I love this! It's very clean and simple and that's what makes it perfect. The fresh colors are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a fun idea to use the negative space like that, looks great with the Altenew background paper!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this. Might have to CASE this it's so cool looking. Even if it is roasting here in Florida.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.