Thursday, June 20, 2024

Fractured Card Die #2

 Hello Friends!

The weather here in Ohio has gone crazy!  We've been dealing with
several 90 degree days in a row and that is very unusual for Ohio this time of year!
Where ever you are, I hope you're staying safe.  Between the heat, the floods
and all the other crazy stuff going on today, it's becoming a bit scary out there!

So, I thought I'd stay in (have some painting to do) but before the work begins
I wanted to play with another one of the fractured card stencils I purchased recently. 
I think I ordered 4 or 5 different ones so you'll be seeing lots of fractured cards over the next few weeks!

Today I'm playing with this die from https://kokorosastudio.com/ 


and the papers I've used today are from an Echo Park Warehouse sale where I got a whole pizza box full of goodies for half the price of purchasing individually.  They run that sale every once in awhile and even though you don't know what you're going to get, it's always good stuff and fun!  I also got some of the coordinating Puffy Stickers so I used some on the smaller panels.

White Christmas Collection Kit

Here are my two cards for today . . . 

You'll notice on the card above, that there are areas that have the extra matting behind the focus panel and some areas that do not.  Also on the card below, some areas have the green matted framing and others are simply placed within the shape using the card base for the 'frame' work.


Here's the reason for that and a quick little tip!

BEFORE cutting your dies apart, (I know some people cut their dies apart as soon as they get them) die cut a few panels in various colors .  This will give you the outside frame, the inside frame and the shape all in one cut.  Once you cut the pieces apart, you do NOT get this 'inner frame' . . .












unless you put the inner dies back inside the frame die and cut.  Just thought I'd mention that little tidbit lol.

Challenges to share in:
The Paper Funday June Challenge #66 - Anything Goes / Optional Fancy Fold
Everybody Art Challenge #560 - Use the latest purchased craft material
The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge #165 - ATG Christmas
Halloween and Other Occasions Crafts All Year 'Round Challenge #15
The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up Challenge #111 - ATG Christmas / Option North Pole

Okay ... I'd better get this painting done!  

Have a great day and again ... please stay safe out in these high temperatures!
Dehydration happens so quickly!  

Thanks for stopping by ... as always . . .

7 comments:

  1. You've created 2 wonderful holiday cards Darlene! I love Echo Park papers and kits, this one contains loads of cute papers. Thanks for joining us at The Paper Funday Challenge and we hope you'll share again soon.
    Donna xx
    Paper Funday Challenges
    Inspiration Station Challenge
    Beautiful Blossoms Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool die and fantastic cards! I hadn't seen a fractured die set so this is all new to me. What a great deal you got on those Echo Park papers too. I don't think I've ever met an Echo Park design that I didn't like. Great makes Dar!! We've had a couple of days of high temps with high humidity as well. Then a storm with high winds and hailstones, knocking out power in our neighboring town. Stay safe and stay cool tucked away inside, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving your fractured cards, especially that first one, really love how that one all came together! Yes we have been dealing with the heat too, I am ready for some relief!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is really a stunning die and such a great use. Your Christmas cards are so beautiful and so interesting. Wonderful ways to decorate the cards and I think also to use leftover designer paper. You did a really good job on your cards. Great Christmas colors and I love the background paper on the first card.
    Thank you for sharing your cards with the latest challenge of the Everybody Art Challenge.
    Hugs Uschi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute with these papers! I should cut my dies as soon as I get them. Good advice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet card!! Thanks so much for participating in my HALLOWEEN AND OTHER OCCASIONS challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!! Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are really effective - love how the die works.

    Thanks for joining us at The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.