Thursday, April 29, 2021

Beautiful Gold Finch

 Hello my friends ... happy Thursday!

Last weekend I was thrilled to have a crafting friend who used to live a mile away but then moved to North Carolina, come visit and we attended the Adventures in Stamping convention in Akron together.   Of course, last years convention was cancelled due to Covid but they managed to have it this year although far different from past years.  With only 25 vendors vs 100 ... lots of space between and everyone was required to wear a mask.  

One (of many) things I purchased were a few sets of these Hearty Crafts - Easy 3D Toppers.


After getting home from convention,  I spent the evening putting together 2 of the 3 packs (10 in each pack) of toppers so I'd have them ready when I was ready.  Of course, being a bird lover and truly enjoy seeing the gold finch at my feeders, I just had to make a card using this beauty.

 A couple of them I used dimensional tabs between the layers but then decided that might be a little too much dimension for easy mailing so went with just adhering the layers together and I think it looks just fine!

The dies I've used for my design are:

Tutti Designs Scallop Stitched Nesting Circles

TUTTI-419 Scalloped Stitched Nesting Circles

 Sue Wilson - Frames & Tags - POPPY (ced4342)

Sue Wilson Dies - Poppy CED4342 - 123Stitch

I've also used Mintay by Karola - Springtime designer paper, Prima flowers and Nuvo crystal drops.

 

I've created the circle in which to perch this pretty bird topper by die cutting the Tutti scallop circle three times.  One for the back panel and two for the stacked frame.  The frame was created by die cutting 2 larger circles then die cutting them again with the next smaller die and using just the frame portion which was glued together for dimension.

 

 I'm sure you'll be seeing more cards using these toppers in the weeks to come.  They are fabulous for any occasion!  I also have FLOWERS & HORSES to play with so that will be fun!!

My crafty friend Sandy & I also spent several days during the week she was in Ohio creating together in my crafting cave.  She was kind enough to bring along her latest Heartfelt Creations dies and showed me how to make an AMAZING basket.   As soon as I get some good photos I will be sharing that with you.  Wait until you see it ... 

Well, that's it for today ... hope you're having a fabulous week!

 Please help us end this pandemic by getting your vaccine when eligible and
please, please wear a mask when out in public!


 

4 comments:

  1. Wow! These are so pretty! Never heard of them before. Beautiful design to show off your topper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my is that gorgeous, I have seen those but wasn't sure how nice they were they are beautiful and you did a beautiful job with the framing and layering of the circles, lovely framing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought you'd painted that gorgeous bird, it's adorable! The layered flowers are just perfect for him. Hope all is well.. the weather here has really turned cold and we can't even sit in the garden now... Have a super day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG, this is so beautiful! I might have to hoard those birds for a few years. I'm terrible, but you got right on it. Love the die, too. Pure gorgeousness, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.