Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Double D Challenge - April Showers

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
I'm happy to say I am hosting today's challenge and today's theme is:
 
 APRIL SHOWERS
(Anything Water Related)

 
and here's an inspiration board I've created to help get you started . . .
 

 
 Looking at the mood board and through my stash, there were so many different directions I could have gone but I spotted a new stamp/die set I had in my (NBUS) basket so grabbed it and here's what I ended up with.  

Now mind you, the umbrella is from a Fun Stampers Journey 'Flower Shower set' which is actually designed as a wedding set purchased at Spellbinders awhile back, but worked perfectly for what I had in mind for today's card.
 
 Flower Shower Stamp Set
 
 The background 'rain' was created using a very OLD stamp by CC Rubber Stamps and the sentiment die is by Sue Wilson called 'Rain or Shine' (#CED23017)

 
 

 I used dimensional tape to pop up the umbrella and then added a couple acrylic dots by Cloud 9.
 
So be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!  Here's the prize offered for this challenge . . .

Cheapo Dies - Rainy Day

Cheapo Dies - Rainy Day

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 
 
As always . . .


16 comments:

  1. Creative and stunning beauty. Love the sentiment and gorgeous dies. All's good still warm days but nothing different to when you and I met. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely and clean card, love the monochromatic design !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super creative my friend! Loving that cute little umbrella!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card Dar! I love that die cut sentiment and great design!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You came up with a great combo of the two sets, great sentiment too, I love the touch with the acrylic dots, I still have a couple left in my stash too :) Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card Darlene! Love the raindrops with the acrylic dots! Great sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore the raindrops on this stunning umbrella,they are superb. That sentiment die is fabulous and the simple two color theme makes this card stellar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very eye-catching card! I love that you went with fussy-cutting the stamped umbrella instead of just using the die you already had. Are you like me, in that you have so much stuff you feel compelled to try to use everything at least once? LOL it's a full-time career! heehee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet! Love the added dimension and Cloud 9 enamel dots? I have a few of those from way back. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous sentiment! Loving the rain drops and your pretty umbrella! Perfect Challenge for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so stinkin' cute. Love the blue and white and nothing else. The rain background is the perfect final touch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute stuff and I love to see it! All the dies and stamps you used are fabulous and made such a nice combination!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a fabulously created card and what a perfect sentiment for it too!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful card Darlene. Love the blue and white - such a striking colour combo.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.