Monday, April 5, 2021

Make the Cards Challenge - Sketch

 

 Welcome back friends!

It's time for a new challenge over on  Make The Cards Challenge
Today we are having a sketch challenge.  

 

We are excited to have a guest designer today: Niki Coursey – Cardstoq

One of the things I do when die cutting any shapes, is to save the extras for future projects ... today's the day when I was able to use a couple of those saved frames from the pegboard hook.   I was also able to use a scrap panel of 'nighttime sky' designer paper for the background and that's what determined the actual theme of my card.

 Of course, I had originally thought FLOWERS & IVY VINES but this paper jumped out at me and I just had to go with it.  I'm really looking forward to seeing what everyone else saw when looking at this sketch.

Instead of vines I've used this fun & fabulous Memory Box 'Beloved Stars' die (#99056).

 

 And, my sentiment came from the Sue Wilson Expressions 'Mix & Match Friendship' die set (CED5430).


The extra stars that popped out of the Beloved Stars die were positioned here & there on my card front and the sentiment was die cut twice and glued together for added dimension.

I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun ... here's the link for you one more time ...

Make The Cards Challenge

 As always . . .

 

6 comments:

  1. Wowie, very creative use of this sketch, Darlene!! It's quite striking, and the paper is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful and classy looking! I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your beautiful and elegant take on the sketch. Stunning, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a fabulous way of combining all of these dies, it looks fantastic together and like how the white pops from that dark background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That background is stunning! Thank you for always creating beautiful cards for our challenges!
    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card! LOVE the background! Love being on the team with you.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.