Friday, April 30, 2021

'Screen Door' cards


Hello Friends and Happy Friday!

A few other goodies I purchased at the Adventures in Stamping convention last weekend here in Akron, Ohio were the following. . .  I couldn't wait to play and share with you!

This company is called Too Much Fun Rubber Stamps.  I've seen them at convention before but back then there were 100 vendors to visit & purchase from so I never invested in this brand but with Covid, this year there were only 25 vendors and I decided to explore this company a little further. 

This is the Large Screen Door STAMP ...

This is the DIE that cuts out the opening on the screen door where you can add Acetate or they even had fine mesh screen material you could purchase.  Since I have acetate on hand I didn't purchase any screening (though cute idea I thought!).

Another items they had were these sheets of images which you could position behind the opening in your screen door.  They had several various packs ... this is 2 of the 6 I purchased.  You of course can also use these by themselves on a card front.  There are 2 sheets in each pack ... I also bought a pack for Fall, a couple for Christmas/Winter and one for Baby.  Here are the two I used on today's cards.


For my first two cards I measured my card to fit the stamp and created an acetate window.  The fishermen scene is attached to the back of the front cover, leaving the inside of the card totally open for your sentiment/message.

This second card I have put the image on the inside panel but there is still room across the bottom of both inside panels for your sentiment/message.



For this third card, I used my usual size card (A6) and the screen door fit perfectly (top to bottom) so I finished off the sides by creating hand drawn brick walls.

 


The image is adhered behind the 'window opening' on the cover of this card so your inside is totally open for your sentiment/message.

I actually stamped the door onto the front of my card base and die cut the opening.  I then stamped again onto a piece of Kraft card stock, die cut the opening, did a few outline accents with a Tombow marker, then adhered my image & acetate before adding it to the inside card front panel.   

CONFESSION: 
I stamped a different sentiment in the lower portion of the door but got it off center so had to do a quick fix but cutting a scrap of kraft paper a little larger than the panel on the stamp ... inked the edges, added a smaller sentiment and adhered.  Whew!  No one will know!  LOL

Challenges to share in:

Hope you're having a wonderful start to your weekend!
Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by my blog ... greatly appreciated!!

 Please help us end this pandemic by getting your vaccine when eligible and
please, please wear a mask when out in public!


 

15 comments:

  1. Well these are certainly fun and unique, I can see a lot of use and what great masculine cards the one set is, so fun to have something different isn't it??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to tell you how beautiful I think these are! What a great idea for those dies...makes me want them for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a neat idea and I love them both, so neat that they had backgrounds right there to use with them. I love how you added the hand drawn bricks and ivy to the second card. So nice that even though it was smaller you were able to find some goodies to play with, I don't think I have seen that company before.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Darlene! Hope everything is great in your neck of the woods! These screen door cards are wonderful! I love the way you have used the image and I can see this working so many different ways! Really nice job on these! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at the Alphabet Challenge "B" is for Bird! Take care of yourself!
    Hugs - Rachelle DT : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ack, how fun is this!!! More beautiful birds, and something awesome for the guys, too. I would love to go to a stamping convention, not that it's going to happen anywhere near me. I miss our craft store!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great find at the stamp convention!! These cards look just beautiful with the screen door die and loving these image panels! Especially the birds - they are just so very cute and I love this vintage style!
    Thank you so much for joining in at my April Crafty Wednesday challenge. A new theme starts tomorrow, would love for you to stop by and check it out then!
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, beautiful cards, Darlene. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. xx Wilma

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great collection of cards - love them.

    Thanks for joining us at the Aud Sentiments Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great masculine card and the wood effect really makes a great impact.
    Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.
    Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Majda DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. A stunning bird carad. Thanks for joining in our challenge at Alphabet Challenges. Caz. DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your masculine "cabin" card, great design. Sorry to be so late in commenting, life got in the way! Thank you so much for joining us in our Wood challenge at The Male Room Good Luck and I hope you will join us in our next challenge.
    Faith DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. You did a great masculine card with the wooden cabin! Thank you for sharing your creative talents with us at The Male Room.

    Maja, DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun idea!
    Great card...
    Thank you for sharing with Addicted to Stamps and More!
    Susan
    Addicted to Stamps and More
    Calling All Crafters! – My Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.