Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Sisterhood of Crafters - How Does Your Garden Grow?


 Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!
You'll want to come join in the fun as our theme is a fun one chosen by Sistah Vickie ...

How Does Your Garden Grow?
(Create using something you'd find in a garden!)

 Well I don't know about you, but I find all sorts of things in my garden ... I'm referring to CRITTERS!  And they are not picky about what they nibble on!  Can be veggies or flowers ... they don't care!  LOL  And, even though they are not on my card scene ... DEER!  I tell ya,  every spring my flowers just start blooming and BAMM! They come through in the night and chew them down to nothing!  Grrrr

The squirrels ... the rabbits and of course those dang chipmunks (or as my Dad called them ... grinnies).  And they are all represented in this VERY OLD Cheery Lynn Designs set called Birch Tree with Cute Critters (B370).

 Cheery Lynn Designs Die Birch Tree W/ Cute Critters, 4.3/8”x5.3/8”

 I began by creating my background on an A7 white card base.  I used TH oxide 'Broken China' for the sky and 'Mowed Lawn' for the grassy area.  I used an old scallop oval die to create my cloudy sky. 

 Impression Obsession 'Watering Can' was colored using TH oxide inks.

 Watering Can

 Impression Obsession 'Wheelbarrow' also colored with TH oxide inks.

 Wheelbarrow

The little flowers I've had for YEARS ... not sure of the maker but the sentiment stamp is by The Stamp Pad Co. (also very OLD and well loved).

Did you notice the second little grinny in the flower patch?


 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


8 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful card. So colorful. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and fun scene you have created, what a fun combination of dies that all work together fabulously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great garden card, Darlene! You are right about the critters being a challenge. I always say "you're welcome" to their imagined "thank you" since they have to eat something, right? I know they appreciate your efforts! LOL Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello there! Your card could be about my house. I have rabbits in the grass and squirrels in the trees! How cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute scene, I have had my flowers coming up too and those little stinkers have come along and ate them. love your wheelbarrow of flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, I just love this and suited for any occasion. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely adorable Dar! Your little garden scene is colorful and so sweet. I have plenty of squirrels and chippies at our feeders and they do wreak havoc in the garden. They're so cute though! I love them all. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an amazing garden scene you created here Darlene. Nice to get out old dies and this Cheery Lynn one is perfect. Love your cute critters. Such a colourful creation.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.