Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Sisterhood of Crafters - MELLOW YELLOW

 

Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!
You'll want to come join in the fun as our theme is a very easy one ...

MELLOW YELLOW
(use the color Yellow)

 I must admit, as much as I love the color Yellow ... I rarely use it!  So, I had some real fun (and trouble) coming up with today's creation.  But then I turned back once again to the Altenew Simple Roses stamp set to create my card.

 Simple Roses Stamp Set

I began by stamping my roses onto white cardstock but instead of using black I used a gold color.  Then I turned to my Derwent Ink Pencils for the coloring.  As you can see, the outline on the one flower is far better than the other ... that's because at the last minute I used an orange colored glitter pen on the outline (hindsight I wish I had done both).

Inktense Pencil Set - Set of 12

 I had intended to use TH oxide inks for the background but when I walked past my Ken Oliver Color Burst Powders, they pulled me back and said 'USE US!!'  So that's what I did!    

 


It's been a long time since I played with them and I love how it came out!

 


I've also used the Tutti Designs HAPPY & BIRTHDAY dies as well as Nuvo Yellow Crystal Drops.

 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!
My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... be sure to pop over and check them out!


As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


12 comments:

  1. I always feel any card with yellow is like sunshine and this one is no different. Just a beautiful card my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so very very pretty and I myself LOVE yellow but don't use it as often either, the background is amazing and shows off the flowers beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card, Darlene! Love the stamp set you used - perfect in yellow and far from mellow, in my opinion. Have a wonderful rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a vivid card, Darlene. Your roses are lovely and certainly pop off that gorgeous background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A ray of sensational sunshine on your card, absolutely fabulous...both colour and style. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card. What a great background. Altenew has such great flowers. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, my, those yellow roses really pop against that fantastically awesome background! Those little bottles of Color Burst look irresistible. We have so many great things to play with. Beautiful, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. pretty roses, and I love the pretty blend you also got with the color burst, the yellow pops so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw this and just had to come over and tell you I swoon when I look at it. Oh my, how pretty! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your yellow roses are stunning Dar, especially over the beautifully inked background. Absolutely beautiful my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful with all those wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the bold coloured background Darlene. I am a huge fan of powders of all sorts as they make such amazing backgrounds. What a beautiful stamp you used here. So powerful in yellow. Excited to be part of the Talented Sisters.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.