Monday, April 3, 2023

April Challenge at Triple B

 

Hello Friends!

Have you checkout our new challenge blog called TRIPLE B?
It's all about using any of your stash but your project must have at least a BIRD, a BUTTERFLY or BLOOMS (flowers) visible on it.  Hence the title Triple B.

I'm your host for April and here's the inspiration board I have created for you ...


I just love when everything comes alive in the spring time!
Growing up, we had 20 acres with many oak & maple trees.  But, we also had several dogwood trees and wild apple trees.  I remember the pasture field being dabbled with white blossoms every spring.  THAT vision was in my mind when creating today's card.

The stamp I have stamped, colored & fussy cut for today's focus image is from Impression Obsession called 'Dogwood 3'.  I used Tombow markers for the coloring and a swivel craft knife for the cutting. This is an older stamp (circa 2004) but can still be found on Ebay.

My bird is part of a Spellbinder set called 'Bird Sanctuary' and the butterfly is from a set of 3D butterflies from the Paper Studio La Petites purchased at Hobby Lobby.  The sentiment is one from the Pink Fresh stamp/die set called 'Perfect Sentiments'.

Remember, our challenge begins on the 3rd of each month, ends on the last day of the month and Winner's are announced on the 2nd of each month.

I hope you'll come join in the fun!
Thanks for stopping by today!

As always ...


10 comments:

  1. Beautiful 'blooms' card, love the pretty dogwoods! I lost one of my dogwood trees a few years ago when we had the polar vortex, so sad, but at least can enjoy them on your pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real beauty !!!!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Dogwoods design and the beautiful colors you have chosen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely way to combine all the B's together in one card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that mood board Darlene and your card is so beautiful with the flowers and bird and butterfly, gorgeous..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Not only is the mood board beautiful, but your card is gorgeous, too! There are few things I love more than birds and blooms. Impression Obsession really does have some nice stamps, and this one with your coloring makes quite an impression. I spent most of my growing up years on farms from 18 to 120 acres and I can picture your memories as if they were my own. Most of my time was on the west coast, but a few years in Missouri, too. My dad liked to move a lot. He just couldn't seem to settle.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card with those lovely dogwoods. I have a similar stamp by Hero Ats and it is an older one also - this inspires me to get it out again. Love the addition of the bird and butterfly, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your new challenge blog and so many entries for your first ever challenge,well done !!!! Fantastic card beautifully coloured and so cheerful and spring like.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great image and stunning coloring and papers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is lovely, Darlene. Your patterned paper adds a beautiful layer to your card! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.