Wednesday, April 12, 2023

APRIL SHOWERS at the Sisterhood of Crafters . . .

 

 Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!
Our theme today is:
 
 APRIL SHOWERS
 
 
 I needed a 'get well' card for a friend and I've been told that by a few people who buy my cards, that they don't like to send a 'Get Well' card anymore.  Because with so much covid/cancer/etc. around these days, they would prefer to send a card with the sentiment such as I've used today ... or ... Hope You're Feeling Bertter!  Or something like that so here ya go . . .

I've used a couple different die sets to create today's card ...

 


 

I've used a very old CC Rubber Stamp for the rain and stamped it in Tim Holtz Broken China Distressed Oxide Ink.  For the fencing, I colored a scrap of white card stock with the Tombow Marker #977 before die cutting.  The grass was done the same way but used #177 green.


 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


 

8 comments:

  1. Great card Darlene !!!
    groeten Ineke

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a lovely card! I hope all that rain will stop now, we had enough over here!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely a card to certainly cheer someone up!! Beautifully crafted my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. April showers bring May flowers as your card perfectly shows! I love the idea of sending cheer to someone in this way. Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving your little garden scene and the falling rain to make those pretty flowers grow.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this for a get well, I like how after the rain the flowers appear!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, it looks a lot like my house with the flowers trying to grow and the rain pouring down. It was rather nice today, though. I'm in total agreement about the sentiment. I've always thought "get well soon" sounds like a command. Maybe they're not going to get well, or perhaps it's a broken leg or something like that. I like the sentiment you used. There are a lot of other possible sentiments. Your card is so cheerful and cute it would make anyone feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. April showers are the best for May flowers. April torrential downpours, on the other hand are no good at all and we've been having a few of those. Your card is bright and cheerful and I love the sentiment! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.