Monday, April 10, 2023

Love a fun sketch . . .

 


 Happy Monday All!

Today I've created a card to play along in the Sketch Saturday Challenge.  My BFF (Diane - Nellie's Nest) is on their design team and once I saw her card, I knew I wanted to join in the fun.  Here's their sketch this time around . . .

 I've had this sheet of 12x12 Doodlebug 'Petite Prints' (double sided) in my stash for several years and so my first thought was to use both sides for this design but once I got my background panel cut, I spotted this solid panel of card stock laying in my pile of scraps and thought that would work even better.  The reverse side of this pretty petite flower print is a fine strip print.

I decided on one of the floral cuts from a pack by K&Company as the focus image and a couple Martha Stewart punched flowers for the upper corner embellishment.  I hope you like what I've created for you today!

Other challenges to join in . . .

Dragonfly Dreams Challenge - Color Palette


Allsorts Challenge #722/723 - ATG - Option - In the Spring Garden
Paper Dragonfly Creative Challenge #16 - April Showers bring Spring Flowers

 

Here's hoping you had a wonderful holiday weekend and that the week going forward will be just as great!
As always . . .


13 comments:

  1. I agree, this is a fun sketch and I love what you did with it. Beautiful flower and beautiful papers, my friend. I hope you had a very Blessed Easter. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great take on the sketch with this pretty card. Thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely card, great layout.

    Thanks for sharing with us at Dragonfly Dreams.
    Fi
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card - the flower is beautiful. Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Creative Fingers challenge

    ReplyDelete
  5. A great take on the sketch Darlene and such lovely intensity of colour, many thanks for sharing with us at Allsorts Easter fortnight challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the happy vibrant colours on this lovely card. Beautifully done. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card my friend! I love the design and that flower is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautifully created, love the pretty color combo and that background paper really makes it all come together, great take on the sketch too!!
    Thank you for joining our challenge at Sketch Saturday!
    Diane SS DT
    {Nellies Nest}
    {Sketch Saturday}

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's such a fun sketch and love your take on it! Beautifully done card and so perfect for my optional theme of "in the garden" at Allsorts challenge! So great to see you joining us!
    Ellie
    Ellibelle's Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. That really is a fun sketch! I like it, too, and WOW you made such beautiful use of it with your flowers and patterns. There's that wonderful sentiment stamp and die set again, too. Gorgeous, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty papers to go with your lovely flowers, I like that you used flowers on the opposite corner too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning use of those colors, Darlene! Such a beautiful card. Thank you for joining the challenge at Allsorts and using the sketch from Sketch Saturday so perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a pretty card Darlene. Love your colours and those flowers. Thanks for joining us at Sketch Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.