Thursday, April 6, 2023

Happy Birthday

 


 Hello Friends ...

Today I'm once again playing with a technique I learned from a friend last week (details HERE) but this time I've added color vs just black/white.  


 I've used a floral stamp from a Hero Arts (stamp & dies) kit I bought 2 or 3 years ago and these adorable bees are from that same stamp & die set.  I've used Tombow markers for my water coloring and a Sue Wilson lattice die for the technique.   Faux stitching was done around the outside edge using a white gelly roll pen.


I've created this card with the AAA Birthday challenge in mind where the theme is LAYERS.

 Here are a couple other challenges to share in:
Dream Valley Challenge #291 - Any Celebration (birthday)
Jan's Digi Stamps April Challenge - ATG
Die Cut Diva's April Challenge - Watercoloring
Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #443 - Birthdays
Fab'n'Funky Challenge #570 - Use Die Cuts
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday

 I hope you're inspired to give something NEW a try.
Hope you're having a fabulous week and looking forward to a beautiful Easter weekend upcoming!
As always . . .


14 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, lovely coloring of it, I still have to give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful technique. Coloring the image brings out all the texture of this creation. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas for our April challenge for using water colors and die cutting and/or dry embossing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a cool technique and it's on my "to try" list. I say Anne with Positively Papercraft do it and it creates a stunning effect. Great card Darlene, Thanks for joining us at the Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous, Darlene! Those blossoms are just amazing. I love this technique.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This really is interesting and I like your results with the color. It's a gorgeous card! I'm a sucker for lattice, sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wowza super gorgeous die cut and image.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have this background die and never thought to use is this way, thanks for the inspiration, it is lovely! Glad you joined us at Jan's Digi Stamp Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome technique! Very pretty. Thanks for joining us at ATSM Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card with a great image and super colours, thanks for playing along with us at Fab'n'Funky.

    Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is amazing! The dimension on your card is gorgeous. I need to go read about this technique as I had never seen it before. Thanks for the inspiration, my friend! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a clever idea and even more amazing coloured!

    Thanks for joining us at the AAA Birthday Challenge.

    Helen x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great card TFS over at AAA Birthday this time and hope to see you again in future challenges Elaine DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so pretty.
    Thank you for joining us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge.
    Happy crafting!
    Catherine x DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.