Saturday, April 15, 2023

Beautiful Blossoms in April

 

Hello Friends ...

Welcome back to a new challenge over on the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge Blog.

 Here's this months INSPIRATIONAL mood board ...

We are excited to be partnering with The Double Trouble Challenge April 15-27
"Celebrate a Special Lady".


Please visit the Double Trouble Challenge April 15th through the 27th HERE and join in!

 I love the color combo on this mood board and immediately went to my Simon Says 'Friendly Flowers' stamp set (sss202186c) and started coloring with Tombow Markers.


 I've used a blue card base then cut my focus panel a little narrower to have the blue exposed on the side of my card.  CONFESSION: Was actually an accident ... I cut my white panel too small ... but it worked out well!  LOL

 

I love this little bee ... he comes from a Hero Arts Kit I purchased a few years back but when it comes time to create with flowers, he's never too far away!  Just like the real ones!  LOL

 Here's a friendly rules reminder for this challenge:

  • The challenge will be a Monthly Challenge, starting the 15th of each month and ending the 12th of the following month.
  • The main focus is FLOWERS!
  • A Monthly Mood Board will be provided, you will use it as inspiration.
  • You are limited to 8 entries per challenge.
  • Please link back to us in your entry post and play often!

Thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by my blog today ...
I can't express how much it means to me!

As always . . .

12 comments:

  1. Fantastic card, Dar, and such a lovely image from SS. (I do covet the set LOL). Thanks for the tip regarding a mistakenly cut base card - GREAT IDEA! My Tombows feel neglected, and you've been using yours so well! Do you wet your cardstock prior to applying the markers? Or do you use a special brand of cardstock? However you do it, you do it well, and I need to practice with mine more. Sweet card, and even sweeter with your bumblebee!
    Crafting Smiles,
    Donna
    {Creative Smiles - my little crafting world}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Donna ... no, I don't use any special card stock and no, I don't typically wet my paper. I spray some water on my craft mat as well as some squiggles of the marker color I need then dip my artist brush in the water and grab the ink from the mat to create my coloring. Thanks for the kind words.

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous floral image and the "accidental" blue card looks perfect. Thanks for a great team project for the Beautiful Blossoms Challenge.
    Donna xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Darlene! Your flowers are so pretty and your blue strip complements it so well, no matter if you meant to or not. I live to read how other talented crafters recover from oopses since I seem to have them constantly, HA! You did good! And that fat lil bee is a keeper. Hope you are getting Spring weather up thar! XOX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful coloring on this great floral card and who wouldn't love that cute little bee? At least he's on paper and can't sting you! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely flowers and love the bee with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful floral card and a beautiful use of the Tombows, I know I love mine, the plump bee is the perfect finish, can you love a bee, cuz I love him, he is the cutest bee ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful stamp set, beautifully colored with your Tombows! I recognized the bee from the other set. Your oops turned into one of those happy accidents. I love when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene, bold and beautiful... love the colors in your floral... and the add of the bee is perfect. Thanks for sharing your DT card with us at Double Trouble and hope to see you at our future fun challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that floral image, your coloring really brings it to life. I must admit that sometimes my mistakes probably end up looking better than what I had planned! So glad you joined us at Double Trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful choice of colours - love the bee in the corner. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the pretty colours you used on your beautiful flowers. The cute little bee is the perfect finishing touch :-) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.