Saturday, April 8, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Clouds

 

 Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is:

 CLOUDS 

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


OMG what fun I had creating this card and I think this would be a good design to have available in my sale box so think I'll make a few more while everything is out on my work table!

I have used an older embossing folder by Darice called 'Cloudy Sky'.
My dies are from an older Sue Wilson Necessities set called 'Rain or Shine' (CED23017).



I die cut the umbrella out of the same card stock that was used for the sentiment and the matting but used a Tombow Marker #533 to add more color to two of the umbrella panels as well as the handle ... just for a little extra 'depth'. 



As you can see, I also added a few small strips of dimension tape under the umbrella for a little extra 'lift' but, glued the handle down flat.  Hope you like my card and find inspiration from my designs.  

Challenges to share in:
Aud Sentiments April Challenge - Embossing and/or Flowers & Sentiment

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card with all those clouds. Over here we have so many evey day and the sun is hardly shining during the last 2 months...
    Happy Easter!
    Lia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love everything about this card, the pretty umbrella, the great sentiment and the overall design!! Have a happy Easter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great die cuts and super cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable card, Darlene! That die set is super cute and could cover an array of different themed cards - goes great with the cloudy sky folder!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cloud embossing folder with your umbrella, great sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute umbrella up against the clouds, and such a great sentiment to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fabulous die set, and you have used it perfectly here. I love the blue and white, and the embossed background is, of course, perfect for the challenge. WONDERFUL card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful sentiment on this lovely card. Love the colour contrast you used. Beautiful card, Darlene. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That really is a cute die set and I love it every time! Great sentiments with it. Your umbrella appears to be floating away in the updraft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.