Wednesday, April 5, 2023

Double D - April Showers


Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
April Showers

and here's an inspiration board Diane has created to help get you started . . .
 


 How cute is this mood board? 
So many directions you could go with this one!
I chose a couple different directions ... the boots & the lady bugs.
 

 I have had a couple sheets of lady bug stickers (Sticker King) for years so pulled them from my scrapbooking drawer and used a couple on my card and my envelope flap.

The background was created using a Lawn Fawn 'Rainy Backdrop: Portrait' (LF1926) and very thin marbelized card stock.
 

 
 I've also used a Sue Wilson Necessities 'Rain or Shine' (CED23017) die set for my focus elements.
 

 
  Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!
Here's what Diane is offering as today's prize . . .
 

 You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!!

 Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

6 comments:

  1. Fun design, Darlene! That red and white umbrella is a happy addition to a rainy day. Love the embossed, marbleized background. Sweet that you added lady bugs to the envelope also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sweet, I was thinking the background was done on vellum, pretty look for the raindrops, like that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another wonderful card with this fabulous die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How stinkin' CUTE!!! And I love all the lady bugs, especially on the envelope. You are a genius, my dear! That die cut greeting is fabulous, so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! Love the colourful elements on your card as well as the sweet ladybugs on your envelope. Such a happy card! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so adorable Dar! That big red umbrella compliments those little ladybugs just perfectly. Sorry I'm so late commenting. I've been super busy making sure things are buttoned up at home before I leave.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.