Saturday, May 13, 2023

Can You Handle the Pressure - Twist - Floral

  Hello Friends, thanks for stopping by today!

We have a new challenge starting today over on our new Can You Handle The Pressure Challenge Blog and the TWIST theme is

 'FLORAL'.  

Remember, the twist is optional but you MUST use an embossing folder on our projects to qualify for the prize.  Heat embossing is also permitted but only in conjunction with an embossing folder.

 Here's what I've created to inspire you today.  


I love how this card came together using the Lisa Horton 'Roses' 3D embossing folder with coordinating rose die.  
 
 Lisa Horton Crafts - 3D Embossing Folder with Coordinating Dies - Roses
 
I embossed my main panel from white card stock then using a scrap of the same card stock, I die cut the separate rose piece.  Using TH distress oxide inks, I sponged some color on the inside of my rose in the embossing folder ... then placed my die cut rose carefully into the rose inside the folder and ran it through my machine.


Yes as you can see, I used both pink & purple inks for my die cut rose.  I was going to 'pop it up' but I felt there was enough dimension by simply adhering it to the rose on my main panel.  LOVE the effect ... don't you?

EASY PEASY and BEAUTIFUL!

Challenges to share in:
Little Red Wagon Challenge #704 - Spring Flowers
As You Like it Challenge - Favorites Season (Spring or Summer & Why)
SPRING is my favorites!  After a long, cold, dreary winter, watching everything come back to life is heart warming and spirit lifting.  Always makes me happy to get back outside in my flower beds and back on my mower.  One with nature again (obviously NOT a winter person lol).
Cardz 4 Galz #198 - Mother's Day or Flowers for a Friend

I do hope you'll come check out our new blog and play along.
AND yep ... we will be offering prizes at our challenges ... that's always a fun surprise!

Here's today's prize offering . . .

 

 Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by today,
I appreciate it more than you'll ever know!!

As always . . .

 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh that is one gorgeous emboss folder. Love the soft coloring you added to the single rose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The depth of color on that big rose is just lovely with the embossed white roses in the background! What an amazing and gorgeous card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the look of just one colored flower, and that extra layer of dimension really makes it pop. Fabulous card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a clever way to embossed an image and color it in with a sponge. You did a great job at creating this card, someone will be lucky to be a recipients, Thank you for joining us at C4Galz

    ReplyDelete
  5. The folder is beautiful and what you did with it, is gorgeous. I love that single rose with the colour and agree that it didn't need popping up. Thanks for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz. Johanna DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have the most beautiful embossing folders! This card is absolutely stunning! So nice to see you joining in at "I spy with my little eye", thanks for joining in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT - Val Nan Leigh x
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lovelove these embossing folders with matching dies! This rose is a beautiful thing, especially with your two tone coloring. Gorgeous, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty, I like how you can highlight one of them and not worry about getting the color on the rest of your folder. I agree it is nice to get outside once again without freezing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty, kind of a twist on the spotlight technique. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.