Wednesday, May 10, 2023

FLOWERS at the Sisterhood of Crafters . . .

 



 Hello my friends!

Today I have a card for the new challenge over on The Sisterhood of Crafters!

Our theme today is:
 
 FLOWERS
 
Who doesn't like cards with flowers?
I must admit, probably like many of you, flowers dominate my crafting goodies.  Stamps, dies, EFs, stencils ... you name it, I have flowers in many, many design elements.  BUT, today I went the quick & easy route.  A few months back I purchased some the Paper Studio items when they were 40% off at Hobby Lobby and this beautiful purple flower was among them.
 
 My background paper is from the Doodlebug Designs Inc 6x6 pack called 'gingham-linen rainbow petite prints.  This pack is double sided which made it convenient for my single design today.  The strip I had to cut off for my card front left just enough for an accent piece behind my flower.

 

 I hope you'll come join in our challenge fun at The Sisterhood of Crafters!

My 'sistahs' have created some fabulous creations to help inspire you ... 
be sure to pop over and check them out!
 

Challenges to share in:
Little Red Wagon Challenge #704 - Spring Flowers
As You Like it Challenge - Favorites Season (Spring or Summer & Why)
SPRING is my favorites!  After a long, cold, dreary winter, watching everything come back to life is heart warming and spirit lifting.  Always makes me happy to get back outside in my flower beds and back on my mower.  One with nature again (obviously NOT a winter person lol).
Cardz 4 Galz #198 - Mother's Day or Flowers for a Friend
Elliebelle's Corner - I Spy with my Little Eye - May Flowers

 As always, thanks SO MUCH for taking the time to stop by!


 

 

10 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Darlene, love the flower and paper, it's great to make quick cards in a while, doesn't detract from the beauty or thought though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you love when a card design is this easy? It would take me forever to think of it, though. I like that gingham and linen paper, and the flower is gorgeous. My supplies have been dominated by flowers, too, but lately the birds are taking over. However, they're frequently in a floral setting, so there you go again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love the flowers from Hobby Lobby, you did a beautiful job matching papers to it, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this wonderful flower and the layout is perfect to really let it shine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another fabulous floral creation in beautiful shades of purple this time! I used to have more critter stamps, but think the flowers may have taken over in the craft room. Maybe it's a tie, LOL.
    Thanks so much for playing along again at I spy with my little eye!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and colour scheme. I must admit to having lots of florals in my stash too - dies, ephemera, stencils - maybe it's a 'thing'..... Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Galz xx Lynda/Loopyloo DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for joining in our challenge this month with your wonderful project!
    DT - Val Nan Leigh x
    https://creativeinspirationchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stunning Darlene. Beautiful deep colours.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card! I love the deep rich color of your flower and the design that features it so perfectly. Thanks so much for sharing with us over at Little Red Wagon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a great Spring card and I lovve your reason!! Thank you for sharing at AYLI. Sarah DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.