Tuesday, May 2, 2023

Stencil Fun Challenge - FLOWERS

 Hello Everyone!

It's time for another fun challenge over on our latest blog ...  Stencil Fun Challenge !

We decided to add another challenge blog to our list of challenge blogs and this time will will be about using our STENCILS.  This challenge will be a MONTHLY challenge and will begin on the FIRST TUESDAY of each month.  It will always be an ANYTHING GOES with STENCILS challenge but we will be offering an OPTIONAL THEME

Here is the theme I have chosen as our optional theme:

FLOWERS

 Here is my 'Flowers themed' card . . .

 

I have used an older Memory Box stencil called 'Florina' (#88567) for the focus of my sympathy card.   It's a smaller stencil so after sponging TH 'Kitsch Flamingo' onto the panel, I then turned it around and stenciled the other side.  I've used a Tombow Marker (#817) & a ruler to draw the lines.  After adding my Frantic Stamper (#09913) sentiment, I also added Nuvo Black dots in the centers of the flowers to pull it all together.

  For my second card (Anything Goes),

 
I have used the Tim Holtz 'Flourish' stencil (#032) along with TH distress oxide inks 'Broken China' and 'Wilted Violet'.  I actually used what was remaining in my large sponge daubers to achieve a 'softer' look.  The sentiment is a die cut from Frantic Stamper (#09913).

I've used a Tombow Marker (#603) and a ruler to draw the lines.

Challenges to share in:
Try it on Tuesday - Use a Stencil
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - ATG
Addicted to Stamps & More Challenge #445 - Die cuts and/or Stencils

  We hope you'll come join in our fun and GOOD LUCK!!

As always . . .

 

8 comments:

  1. I think your first card is the prettiest thing with the soft color and cute stencil. I love what you did to make it stretch. Then I scrolled down and saw that you have a second card, also very soft and pretty! The TH stencil reminds me so much of an old Flourishes background stamp. I loved that stamp, but the stencil is so much easier!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two lovely cards, beautiful soft colours

    Thanks for joining us at Try It On Tuesday Challenge

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely way to make those stencils go further. Beautiful cards! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two beautiful cards Darlene. I always struggle doing sympathy cards and you inspired me with these two stencilled ones (quick to do and colour free choice). Thanks so much for sharing and for playing at ATSM.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two lovely cards and you've used one of my favourite stencils on the second.
    Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.
    Avril x

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are both beautiful 'with sympathy' designs. They can be tricky to make, I find, so it's a good idea to not over-complicate it, by using decorative stencils and adding drawn lines. Thanks for sharing with us at Try it on Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a lovely pair of cards, Darlene and I love that you turned the stencil over for an additional look - such a good tip! Thanks for sharing with us at ATSM and I hope you will join us again soon.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful use of stencil! Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Try it on Tuesday. Looking forward to see you again next challenge.
    Regards,
    Mia
    Designer for Try it on Tuesday
    craftartista.blogspot.com {My Blog}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.