Sunday, May 21, 2023

Peace on Earth Challenge #40

 

 Hello Friends and welcome back to my blog! 
SO happy you stopped by!

Today I have a card to share for the new challenge over on the PEACE ON EARTH CHRISTMAS CHALLENGE BLOG.  Of course the theme is Anything Christmas and we hope you'll come join in the fun! 

Here's a fun inspiration board we've created to help get you started ...

What fun I had creating today's card! 
I dug deep into my holiday papers and came across this Carta Bella 'Christmas Market' designer paper and thought it would work well with the sled I had in mind to have as my focus image.

 My sled is a die set by Elizabeth Craft 'Sled' #1243.

 I colored a piece of scrap white card stock with two different Tombow markers prior to die cutting my sled pieces ... turned out pretty good I think.

 

A little bakers twine for the rope and a Tutti Designs oval die for my matting and this card is ready for my 2023 holiday card stack.

Challenges to share in:
Jingle Belles Challenge - No Stamping Christmas
Most Magical Time of the Year Challenge - ATG
The Outlawz Festive Friday Challenge - Christmas
Merry Little Christmas Challenge #50 - ATG

PLEASE be sure to pop over to THE BLOG and check out the amazing designs our design team has created for your inspiration.  What a group of talented ladies!!  Then come join in the fun!! 

  Have a great day!

As always ... thanks again for stopping by!

 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love the fabulous sledge
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This sled is AWESOME, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you kidding? I thought you cut the sled from designer paper! You're getting very clever with those Tombows! I LOVE this sled, and the paper is perfect, especially with how it coordinates so nicely with the little flowers on the sled. Really a pretty design, Darlene!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the sled great job. hugs Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  5. your card is amazing hunny. The sled die is yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for joining in at The Most Magical Time of the Year. Val - DT
    https://mostmagicaltimeoftheyear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your wooden sled it turned out great, love the flowers you added to it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Sis, magical... Absolutely gorgeous card,love the colour and gorgeous design .x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that beautiful sled die - so perfect for the mood board. Gorgeous background paper and layout.

    ReplyDelete
  10. the faux woodgrain you created for your sled is perfection ... what a lovely card ... so very glad you joined our NO Stamping Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spent may days on a sled like this years ago! What a fantastic Christmas card, and I love how you colored the sled!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a pretty Christmas card and I love the coloring on the sled.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love, love, love this die cut and your coloring of it. It looks like real wood. Super gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a charming card and a fabulous use of that lovley sled diecut! So happy you could join our "No Stamping" fun this fortnight at Jingle Belles!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.