Friday, May 5, 2023

Playing with new crafting goodies . . .


 Hello Friends ...

At the end of April (each year), the Adventure in Stamping convention comes to Akron, Ohio and what fun to go and see all types of new crafting goodies and of course make a few purchases.  Unfortunately, this convention (like everything else post covid) has changed and doesn't have nearly as many vendors as it used to have but still plenty for me to spend my $$ on.  Here's a couple things I bought this year and have been having fun playing with . . .

Simon Hurley 'Water Marble' Background stamp

Hearty Crafts 3D Toppers


For my first card (top of post) I simply stamped my panel using TH 'Picked Raspberry' distress oxide ink then added a little 'Peacock Feathers' to my stamp and stamped again.  I had a couple off cut squares hanging on the pegboard so used those as a mat panel for my butterfly panel.  The addition of a sentiment and a few Nuvo crystal drops and this card is ready to add inside birthday wishes and get it in the mailbox.

Here are a couple more cards I created using the same stamp but different colors and a cool / easy technique to give it a little added ZIP ...

(Card above)

This panel was stamped using TH 'Wilted Violet' Distress ink THEN using my Tombow markers, I filled in here and there with the turquoise and darker purple color.  Adding a couple more 'off cuts' ... circles this time to give my butterfly topper a base and my card is complete.  I've decided to leave these last two cards blank inside so they could be used for a variety of occasions.

(Card below)

This panel was stamped with Versafine Black ink then colored added using Tombows.  Once again I've used off cuts and added my Butterfly topper.  Though it doesn't show up in my photo, there has been glitter added to a few swirls here & there for that touch of sparkle.  

I'm not big on glitter!  Though beautiful, I end up with it everywhere so tend to stay away from it but my friend Sandy Egbert who came up from North Carolina to attend the convention with me is the Glitter Queen so I'm sure once she gets around to creating her cards they will be GORGEOUS!!!

I will have more creations to share in the new future using other goodies I purchased at convention this year but for now I'll leave you with these projects to ponder.  Hope you like them ... they were a lot of fun to create.

Thanks for stopping by and wishing you a very happy weekend ahead!

As always . . .


4 comments:

  1. Wow, these are awesome!! At first I thought it was the nail polish technique but this is way much easier and way much less messy, what a fun stamp to create and play with, you did a fabulous job with it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMGosh, these are gorgeous cards! The background stamp is kind of amazing, and you've used it cleverly to create three entirely different looks. Those toppers are fantastically beautiful, too! Love the sparkle. I have a love/hate relationship with glitter. Glitter glue and sparkly embossing powder are better for me, but I still go with the messy stuff sometimes. It's way too bad how COVID changed so many things. I KNOW you still had a great time shopping, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful backgrounds for your Hearty Crafts butterflies. I love the effect of the 3D images.
    I'm not very fond of glitter either, for pretty much the same reason - I make a huge mess with it. Even the dog sparkles when I'm busy with glitter :-) But it does look beautiful on cards and other projects, so I tend to keep them on a pile and then add glitter to all of them at the same time. Clean up afterwards is easier that way and only once every blue moon :-)
    Enjoy your weekend.
    Hugs,
    Lena
    Lena

    ReplyDelete
  4. cool background and I do enjoy working with those toppers they are so pretty. I didn't end up going to the convention that came here this year, didn't know if it would be worth it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.