Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Double D - FRESH PICKED

 

Hello Dear Friends!

It's time once again for a new challenge over on the Double D Challenge Blog!
Here's today's theme:
 
Fresh Picked
(no flowers)

and here's the inspiration board Diane has created to help get you started . . .

 
 OMG what a fun theme ... thanks Diane!

I remember every June our family would go strawberry picking. 
Speaking of berry picking, here's a FUNNY STORY for you: 
OMG was I in trouble!
One year while we were berry picking my glasses were bothering me so without thinking, I took them off and sat them down in the berry patch next to me.  Once again ... without thinking ... I kept picking and when I had my baskets full I walked them back over to our car.  My mother asked 'Where's your glasses?'  OH NO!  They were in the berry patch but I wasn't exactly sure WHERE!
LUCKILY ... as I walked very carefully back to the general area where I had been picking and I spotted them before I stepped on them!  Whew ... that could have been really bad!  I never did that again!  LOL
 
 Anyways, I have used a die set that I have had in my stash for several years now and have never used.  Every time I flip through that die binder and see it I tell myself ... you really need to put that together because I thought it would make a cool card.  Well today was the day! 
 
 Elizabeth Craft 'Strawberries' (1777)
 
 
 
 I used my Tombow markers for most of the water coloring then used TH Candy Apple Red to sponge over top the strawberries to make them more red.  I felt the red water coloring was too 'pink' so gave it a little boost with ink.


 I also conditioned all the elements with a stylus and foam pad.
 
 Remember, it's a random draw for the winner so it could be YOU!!
Here's what Diane is offering up as today's prize:

 

You'll want to be sure to pop over to the Double D Challenge Blog to see all the details and amazing samples offered up by our VERY TALENTED design team ladies!! 

Challenges to share in:
Cut It Up Challenge #276 - What's in your Garden
The Crafty Addicts #1 - ATG
Little Red Wagon Challenge #703 - CAS

Thanks so much for stopping by!
Hope to see you at Double D! 

  As always . . .

 

16 comments:

  1. Beautiful card with luscious berries!! Makes my mouth water just looking at them! Fun story too, we used to have a wild berry patch when we were kids, our only mishaps were the turtles among the berries, picking up more turtles then berries LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty card my friend! I'm loving those strawberries and the pretty die cut behind!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGoodness! Glad you found your glasses! Phew! Your water colored strawberries look fabulous! Love the dimension you got out of them too, the leaves really POP! I also ladore that die cut oval, so pretty! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darlene, this is beautiful! The dimension is great, the coloring is spot on and the design choice to use the lacy edged oval in the background is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a funny story about losing your glasses. Just goes to prove you don’t need to see what you’re doing when you pick strawberries. But you certainly knew what you were doing when you made this card. I had to come to see where are you got the dyes and I’m surprised that you haven’t used them before. Don’t tell anyone, but this is my favorite card in this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a yummy card, your strawberries are perfectly colored and look delish! What a fun story you shared as well. So glad you found your glasses unharmed!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have this die set and you've done it up beautifully, Darlene! I had to giggle at your story, glad you found your glasses! Could we discuss forgetting a school locker key so many times I had to wear it on a necklace for a year? Heehee XOX

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think this is the prettiest of all strawberry dies! LOVE the sweet simplicity of your card and the totally expert way in which you colored and shaped the die. I just now ordered it from Amazon along with some other things I actually needed, ha. There you go enabling me again. I hope I can make it look as pretty as you have. I really love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow, Dar. This is beyond stunning. The dimension you have achieved, FABULOUS, it's just beautiful. You have really done that die set justice for sure. and what a cute little story. I'm so glad you found your glasses, or you would have probably had to go to bed without supper.....lol.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, these strawberries look ready to eat! Thank you for joining our Cut it Up "What's in your Garden" challenge.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn (CIU owner)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yummy!!! The simplicity of the rest of your card really lets those fabulous strawberries shine! What an amazing die and you did an amazing job coloring it up! The strawberries in my garden are just starting to form; you've made me start thinking about how tasty they will be soon! Thanks for playing with Cut It Up Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Darlene! So happy to see you here. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon this week. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my you did a lovely job with this die set, I bet you will be using it more often now :) Glad you found your glasses, funny what memories will pop up when we something of create something :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely card! Those berries look good enough to eat! Glad your berry picking adventure had a happy ending. (:

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! Those berries look good enough to eat! Glad your berry picking adventure had a happy ending. (Apologies if you get this comment twice. I wasn't sure if my first one made it through.)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Darlene, this is gorgeous and looks good enough to eat :-) I'm such a huge fan of strawberries :-) Beautifully done, my friend.
    Hugs.
    Lena

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.