Saturday, November 14, 2009

Christmas Cards with the Girl Scouts

At last week's local craft fair, I was thrilled to be asked if I would consider doing a couple Christmas cards with a local Girl Scout troop. Of course I immediately said YES!! Here are the creations I have come up with for 11 - 11 year olds. I hope they have fun with them.

For this first card, the designer paper is double sided so they can use which ever side they choose. They will be coloring with Prisma pencils and they will also be able to give the "fur" on Santa's suit dimension by using a Marvy Snow Marker & heat tool to "puff it up". For the inside of this card, they will have a seperate white panel to stamp their sentiment on (I will have a variety for them to choose from) and punch a snowflake in the corner.


For the second card, they will be using the Cuttlebug to create the snowflake background panel, do a little coloring and punching snowflakes. This is a pretty simple card because I thought the coloring on the Santa card might take them a little more time than alloted. I've given them each both images so they can choose one and take the other home and hopefully be inspired to make a card on their own.

So what do you think?? We will only have 30-35 minutes to do cards and I didn't want to get too involved ... yet didn't want to make them too elementary! Hopefully they will enjoy trying a few new things like the Cuttlebug, snowflake punch, and puff paint! I'll let you know how it goes. The meeting isn't until Dec. 2nd but since I'm having Thanksgiving here ... I wanted to get a head start on this project.

Thanks for taking a peek and if you have any ideas for girls of this age (hoping I get asked back again) ... I would love to hear them. I was thinking maybe bookmarkers or little pizza boxes with chocolate squares inside. Happy Weekend!!

15 comments:

  1. Wow!! You are one busy lady!! These cards are sooo adorable!! Sounds like you had some fun!! :) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those look great. My girl scouts would love them although they are younger and would have trouble with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are just TOOOOO CUTE!!!! Wow Darlene what fabulous Holiday cards!!! WOOHOO sounds like you had a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love allof these cards!! Love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those girls will have great fun making these cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The cards are so cute, Darlene! I'm sure the girl scouts will love making them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good morning Darlene! They are going to have a BLAST creating these, they are awesome! Great choice in those papers, the images are too cute, and boy will they have fun punching and embossing, my 2 fave things to do ~ he he!

    You are so sweet to do this with them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The girls should have a bunch of fun doing these adorable cards and it gives them a new craft to get involved in . Awesome Darlene! You are so sweet to do this and I'm sure they will love stamping. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. They look great and sounds like the girls will have a blast... make sure you have a system in place for using the heat gun and cuttlebug so they don't all want to do it at the same time (half hour goes fast right?)!!! Unless you have lots to share that is :) Look forward to hearing how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  10. These are wonderful Darlene, I'm sure the girls will love them and learn a lot too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh the girls will love these! They should have no problem making their cards look beautiful. The one suggestion I have is to keep the tools and instructions specific. After 7 years of being a GS Leader I learned they will be just as happy and you will have less headaches. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh these are wondeful and I think will be a HUGE hit with the girls! how fun to interact and watch their creativity!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are fabulous cards for the holidays!! You sure have been busy!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow Dar...these are fabulous!
    They are going to have so much fun with the coloring, heat and cuttlebug...very interactive stuff!
    The cards are adorable! Thank you for taking the time to teach this group of girls from a wonderful organization.

    Pammyjo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.