Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Crafty Secrets - Red and Green

Today's challenge over on the Crafty Secrets Challenge Forum of SCS is hosted by Pammyjo and she, being the very clever lady she is, has come up with a RED and GREEN challenge but it does NOT have to be Christmas. Please check out the gallery HERE for some very creative ideas on using this color combination in a non-holiday way.

I happen to be working on gift card holder to take to my sister's beauty shoppe tomorrow to sell and decided to make yet another holder for today's challenge. Here are some of those I've made for my sister. Most are in sets of 4 ... so I'm getting closer to the number I need completed.


For my Crafty Secrets creation, I have used the Crafty Secrets "Christmas Joy" & "Vintage Christmas" sets. This ornament from the Christmas Joy set was stamped onto metallic gold paper with India Ink Black then clear embossed and cut out with a Fiskars swivel craft knife. The red sparkle paper (sorry you can't see the sparkle in the photo) ... comes from a wonderful (local) paper wholesale company called "Hollo's". The metallic gold and green also came from Hollo's. My base is Whisper White and I've used a gold Pilot marker to edge both the outer red panel and the inside gift card holder panel.

The basic format for creating these gift card holders is as follows:

Using an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper, cut it lengthwise at 4-1/4" ... then score it at 3", 5-1/2" and 8". Fold accordian style to create your pocket in the center.
After using 1/8" red line tape to hold the two center panels together (pocket panel portion), I've used the SU word window punch and punched slightly in from each end. This leaves a "notch" in the center which you simply remove by using a circle punch part way down to cut it out and create a slot where your gift card goes in and be seen to grab ahold of. (Am I making sense???)
Decorate as you wish and you are one step closer to your holiday gift giving!! If you have questions, please feel free to ask .. I'm sometimes not real good an explaining things. Thanks for stopping by today ... now I really must get back to work ... still have money holders to create for my sister before my trip to her shoppe tomorrow! Happy Day Everyone!!

8 comments:

  1. WOW Girl LOVE this design!! What a gorgeous Christmas card Darlene!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! With a capital B!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Darlene! I hope you sell every last one! Thanks SOOOOO much for the beautiful card--just got it yesterday, and you just made my day----AGAIN! You're such a very thoughtful AND creative girl! You always find a way to touch hearts--thank-you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wowie, you have been busy. Want to do some of my report cards...ya know for a break? giggles...
    Loving the cards and your gift card holder is fab! Way to go dollie!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Goodness girl...you are a card making MACHINE....look at all those great cards. They will get picked up at your sisters shop for sure.
    And , THANK YOU THANK YOU for your detailed instructions. Yes they totally make sense, very cool girlfriend!
    Pammyjo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous hun! Thanks for explaining how to do them!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wowza! You are such a prolific stamper, Darlene! I love these, and I appreciate you posting the recipe. My neighbor mentioned that she's giving a lot of gift cards this year, and I would love to surprise her by making some holders. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing! and wow . . you sure have been busy!! Beautiful and terrific stuff darlene. Thanks for sharing the instructions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad I found this, it is perfect for a gift this year! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.