Wednesday, November 4, 2009

SCS Sketch Challenge #253


Today's Splitcoast Stamper Sketch Challenge was a lot of fun to create! As soon as I saw it, I knew what stamp set I wanted to use. Last year's "A Cardinal Christmas" was just perfect!!
I couldn't find holiday designer paper that I thought would work with my cardinal panel ... so, I made my own! The greenery is another image in the set and I simply stamped it all over my card front using Garden Green ink. For my embellishments, I stamped the same image onto white cardstock and cut them out with my Fiskars swivel craft knife!
My cardinal was stamped using Versafine black ink onto white cardstock, colored with Prismacolor markers, bordered using a gold Pilot marker, then double matted with Christmas red cs and Gold Metallic. I'm really happy with the outcome! What do you think??
Thanks for poppin' in and a double thanks if you left a comment!! I do so love hearing your opinions on my work ... whether it be bad or good! Constructive criticism is always welcomed!!

10 comments:

  1. Oooooh, loving it, all that red!!
    ACE!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI Dar!! This is just gorgeous hun!! I love that cardinal bird!! pretty colors!! Great take on the sketch!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome hun! Your paper turned out amazing...nice job! Beautiful image, you colored it perfectly...it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOWZA GIRL another stunning piece of work here!! I just love that bird!! What a gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, LOVE, love, love this! My Gran loves cardinals. The design and your stamped cardstock is fabby! Love the cut greenery. YOu really rocked this one!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You did a lovely job with this sketch, Darlene! Love that cardinal.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is gorgeous Darlene i love your stamped background,Hugs Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh I just picked up this set - I was looking at it last night but nothing was coming to me LOL but now I got an idea!! You are SOOOO awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the challenge......I have this set and I LOVE LOVE the way your bg turned out. Thanks for the inspiration...
    Pammyjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. great looking card - I love all your inspiration and your blog is super cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.