Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Midight Madness Sketch Challenge #26

Oh DEAR ... I'm late with posting my creation for the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge!!! I know, the challenge only went up yesterday but if I don't do it now ... I'll forget and ... well you know how that works!!!!

LOTS of fun stuff going on over at "Priscillastyles" ... So, much that I can't even begin to tell you ... you'll just have to click on the link and check it out for yourself!!! Trust me ... you won't be sorry!!!!! Okay ... here's my creation ... what do you think??? (Boy, I just realized this photo is HORRIBLE ... this card is SO MUCH CUTER in person ... sorry).


These ladies ALWAYS come up with the most unique, fun sketches ... and this one had me thinking for awhile!!! My first thought was to do Christmas, (trying to get a head start on my l-o-n-g list of cards) and then that triple cut, circular panel in the corner had my wheels turning! I know it's difficult to see, but there are THREE different designer papers which I stacked and cut into a circle with my Nestabilities then made my other cuts (so you'll probably be seeing TWO more cards with this circular paper combination in the future, teehee). I actually used up some of my holiday scraps and was glad to do so!!!


My main focus, of course, is this awesome Spellbinder Shapeabilities Stocking ... cut from Christmas Red cardstock then sponged with white ink over the embossed snowflakes and added liquid applique to the top, heel & toe. The ribbon is from Michaels, flowers are Prima, sentiment is AMuse and the sparkly brads are Creative Imaginations. I used basic black and gold metallic to double mat my stocking ... I think it really helped to make it "POP".


Hope you like it! Gotta go ... have TONS to get done before Saturday's craftshow! Will I be ready???? Probably not but "what will be will be"!!! Happy Day Everyone!!!

20 comments:

  1. I think it's a gorgeous card, Darlene! I hope things go well for your craft show--I know you'll get it all done! What are you making? All cards? I'm doing one in a couple of weeks, so just wondering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is fabulous too!!
    Hugs,
    Teri xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just awesome.. Love the stocking, and the design is wonderful..Love the liquid apptique too..Where do you get it??? Ive looked all over around here and cant find it..Great card!!
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOOH so pretty Dar!! I've really got to try out this sketch!! :) LOVE all the pretty papers and accents you've added!! The furry trimming on the stocking is waaay cool!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty Darlene! You rocked this sketch girl! I had a bit of a time with it, but that's okay!

    Lovely that stocking and those flowers...oh, and that yummy ribbon too : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Dar! Love that we got you thinkin' ;) It turned out great, don't ya think? I love the nestie stocking and the puffy/fuzzy look. Very pretty dp and ribbon.

    Have fun at the craft show. Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week. I had fun coming over and enjoying your creation. Hope to see you again next week.

    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darlene this is WONDERFUL!!! I LOVE your stocking and this layout!!! Another fabulous card gf!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yes, this litte stocking is so adorable! Love the little texture to it! That is a fabby design! you go girl! Love the yummy ribbons.
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That fan shape in the corner puzzled me for a while too, but you pulled it off wonderfully!! Great card. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love your bright Christmas card and I WAS wondering how you got that stocking looking so fabulous, now I know!! Love how you pulled it altogether. Thank you for joining us at Midnight Madness, hope to see you again.

    Jane MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job with the sketch Darlene! Love the added liquid applique on the stocking! Love it! Have fun Sat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous Christmas card Darlene!! I love the liquid applique on the stocking, your ribbon and your take on the sketch!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello Darlene - 'it's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...your card has that song going through my head now!! Love this card and that Nesties stocking - very cool! Don't you just love how these sketches make you think!! Great take on the sketch Darlene!! Thank for you playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we loook forward to seeing you next week!
    Linda MMSC Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  14. Darlene what a cute Christmas card. It does get me thinking about Christmas, & Santa! Love your nestie stocking and your dp. Great take on the sketch challenge. Thanks so much for joining us this week at MMSC!

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohh that is a unique layout, but wow, it works great. Great card and love the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card came out wonderful. I really like the fan portion of this card. All of your details are charming and pretty. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Midnight Madness. We appreciate your support.

    Carol
    MMSC-DT

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this, Dar!! The LA look awesome on the stocking!! The photo is not that bad! I have posted MUCH worse on my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great paper layers and I love the plaid ribbon accents, adorable stocking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is terrific Darlene.. I tried this sketch but no luck...Yours is perfect.. I really like your victorian blog look.. It is awesome...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Darlene, you go girl with using your holiday scraps and using the cirles again....good thinking! I think you've done fabulously with the sketch, love the dp, the gorgeous stocking and of course the Ho Ho Ho!!! Love it.
    Hope your craft show was good...I did one yesterday too! But things were slow...way too many other things happening on the same day!
    Hugs,
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.