Monday, November 23, 2009

Crafty Secrets DT Challenge - Christmas

I AM SO EXCITED!!!


Any of you who know me ... know that Vintage is my first love and I'm hooked on the vintage images & products by CRAFTY SECRETS.



So, needless to say, when Sandy Redburn (owner of Crafty Secrets) asked me to join the design team in their challenge today as a GUEST, I immediately said YES and I couldn't be more thrilled!!! Thanks so much! PLEASE, be sure to check out all the amazing creations by the Design Team (listed at the end of my post) ... you won't be disappointed ... these ladies are amazingly talented!!! Today's challenge is of a CHRISTMAS THEME and I've decided to make a set of 6 cards with matching tin for my daughter.

My daughter and her family will be here for Thanksgiving so the timing is perfect. She's always making wonderful homemade gifts for her "special friends" and I thought she might like a "special" card to include with her gifts. I know she is really busy this year and will be short on time for creating her own cards to send out and thought this might help her out a bit!



I've had several tins I purchased at Michaels last year and have never done anything with them until today that is!! The card base is White 80# paper from Hollo's and the designer paper is from the Crafty Secrets RADIANT pack. My main panel dp is gold but I have sponged around the edges with Ruby Red ink and used the Martha Stewart Loop punches for a little added interest. The two Crafty Secrets Christmas sets I have used today are Vintage Christmas and Christmas Joy. I've used chalks and makeup applicators to color in my santa image. Nesabilities were used to diecut my circle/scallop circle matt and the holiday ribbon came from JoAnn's.

I enjoyed making this set and hopefully will find time to make a few more. Enjoy your day and be sure to hop on over to the DT blogs as well as the Crafty Secrets Website. All link are listed below:

Vicki Chrisman ... Pam Hooten ... Heidi Blankenship ... Marisa Grosson ... Michele Kovack ... Linda Duke ... Michelle van Etten ... Florence Teixeira ... Melissa Phillips ... DT Guest: Darlene Pavlick (me - teehee) ... Crafty Secrets Blog ... Crafty Secrets website

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog today! I'm sure you are just as busy as I am this week so I really appreciate you taking the time! Enjoy your day ... now I must get my grocery list completed and get to the store! Happy Day!!

24 comments:

  1. Got you beat there - already done my shop for the week!!
    Fab tin by the way! Lovely idea for a gift!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Darlene! For some reason, I thought this might be your little secret.....! Love what you created here--your daughter will adore it, you clever girl!

    Good luck with all the Thanksgiving prep--that's my day as well! Love you loads!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Darlene!! Great for you!! Your set of cards is amazing!! Love it! Hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woohoo! Congratulations, Darlene! That's awesome news! I love your card set, and I'm sure your daughter will be delighted with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, Congratulations on the Guest DT spot!!! Love your decorative tin and set of matching cards! I love how you used the Martha punch with the ribbon for trim! This is a wonderful gift idea and I am sure your daughter will LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!!! How wonderful!!
    Love your project..so very nice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Darlene, I'm SO happy you have jouned us!! Your project is beautiful, love the design and cool colors!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Darlene, I'm SO happy you've joined us this month!

    Your project is so pretty, love the design and cool colors!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome Darlene!! I am not surprised at all that they asked you to be a GDT member...pretty cool hun!

    This set of cards and tin is really amazing Darlene...you put a lot of work into them...very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay!! Darlene, that is just awesome!! I just LOVE your vintage creations and you do such a wonderful job with them!! :) Your projects here are just AMAZING lady!! Congrats to you and hope you have fun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on the guest designer! You are so deserving. This is a great project; I know your daughter will love it. I always enjoy seeing you creations. Thanks for the inspiration,and have a lovely Thanksgiving with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh dar, this is the best! I know that there is no one who does vintage quite like you! this card set and tin is just amazing! You deserve to be on any DT you chose! Hugs to you today!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  13. O.k. girl when did you have time to make this wonderful gift pack? It really is fabulous you know!
    Your daughter should be THRILLED.
    Congrats on the DS guest spot.....well deserved my friend, enjoy your week!
    Pammyjo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome card set with matching tin my dear friend. I am sure your DD will love it and make good use of it.

    As you know, it is great that you have joined us as guest designer. You've got talent girlfriend. Can't wait to see your other creations.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a fantastic gift.. Im sure your daughter will love it..Very lovely work..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cute tin set. Hope you enjoy your visit with your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Darlene, Congratulations on the Guest DT spot!!! You know we love ya ;) Your tin and cards are beautiful, and I'm sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congratulations on being the guest designer!!!!! Way to go! What a great gift for your Daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congratulations Darlene! Your cards and tins are beautiful and I know how excited you are to be a guest designer for Crafty Secrets.
    You deserve it!!!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats Friend - so well deserved!!! Great gift idea - know she'll love it and so so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  21. congratulations Darlene! I'm so happy for you! I love your tin and cards! The color is gorgeous and reminds me of all the colors I saw in Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Congrats my friend!! I am so happy for you : ) Great projects here and on Sandy's blog - enjoy your time as Crafty Secrets Guest Designer!!! Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving !

    ReplyDelete
  23. Darlene!!! I'm so excited for you and glad that I finally found time to hop around and check out all these wonderful projects!! Congrats girly and wonderful tin/project!

    I would like to invite you to check out a "March for the Snowmen" Blog Hop I am participating in tomorrow. Probably 1/2 of the particpates are giving away blog candy!
    http://melisawaldorf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.