Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Crafty Secrets - Sing, sing a song challenge


Hello Everyone ... are you all busy getting ready for turkey day?? I have a ton of things to do but I figured since I have HALF of my house cleaned and the Cranberry Relish is made, I would take time to play a couple of my favorite challenges.

This creation is for today's Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers. Marcy has challenged us to ... well, here it is in her words:


This week our projects are going to sing!

Make a project with a musical theme, or be inspired by your favorite song lyrics, hymn, or Christmas carol - use the lyrics as background paper or a line from a song or the name of a song for a sentiment. This is a theme challenge, so interpret it however the spirit moves you and make it your own! You could even alter a CD or a record (if you have any laying around!)




I always enjoy creating with my Crafty Secrets products and my favorite are those related to the holidays ... I just LOVE the Vintage Christmas Style and Crafty Secrets certainly makes it easy for me to achieve what I have invisioned in my head! This creation is so much prettier IRL than in the photo. By using BOTH, the image and the journaling note portions from my Crafty Secrets Christmas Image & Journal Notes Booklet, the inside matches the outside image and just makes for such a nice card. (See inside card view.)



Another fun part to making today's card that I was able to use some of the many sheets of "musical" designer paper my friend Linda Davis gave me recently. {waiving Hi! to Linda} I've also used red Stickles (for the berries) and a Marvy Snow Marker for the snow border around the birds. After heating and puffing up the snow, I added a little glue & glitter for that extra sparkle. I found my holiday poinsetta at Michaels. They are Prima and come in a round tin filled with various poinsettas, glittery leaves & paper ornaments. (very cool set !) My ribbons came from The Flower Factory ... a local wholesaler and I see the name JoAnn's on the spool of Red & White Striped ribbon. The Red Glitter ribbon is beautiful in person (see closeup & click on image for an even closer look) ... I also purchased a spool of silver and blue ... just couldn't resist!!


Here are the items used in the creating of this card:

Stamps: (inside only) Northwood, Paper Inspiration
Papers: Kraft, Red Sparkle (from Hollos), The Paper Studio dp
Inks: Versafine blk
Accessories: Crafty Secrets Christmas Images & Journal Notes booklet, Prima flowers, Basic Grey brad, holiday ribbon, Bow Easy, Red Liquid Applique, Marvy Snow Marker, Heatgun, Creative Memories corner rounder, Creative Memories Red Round Marker (for edging)


Thanks so much for stopping by and taking a peek! I'll be back shortly to share with you my creation for today's Midnight Madness Challenge.

6 comments:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! So vintage! Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so pretty Darlene! Lovely papers, lil birdies, and that red just POPS! Great choice in ribbon too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. here is another stunning vintage card. I agree, I so love the musical paper. The inside of that card is as beautiful as the outside. Love it!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful Dar!! I'm loving the musical background papers with your image!! Perfect combination of colors and images!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love your cards! I love the vintage, rustic look of cards!
    Pattyjo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.