Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Stamp Simply #111 & Crafty Secrets WINDOW Challenge

Good Tuesday Afternoon everyone!! I just wanted to share a couple creations with you! First is the Accordian Fold Card I created for Sharon Johnson's Stamp Simply challenge last week.
After looking through Sharon's instructions and the awesome creations by her DT ... I realized what I did WRONG!!! Oh well ... it's for my friend in Toledo who has a birthday coming up and I'm sure she won't know my FOUR panel accordian should have been THREE ... LOL!! I realized too late that I needed to "flip it over" before punching the top border and decorating! DUH!!!
My paper size is 6 x 10 1/2 and it is scored at 3 1/2 & 7 inches. Each panel was created using up scraps of Cosmo Cricket from a project I did while visiting Joan Fricker (Joan's Gardens) a few weeks ago. LOVE USING THOSE SCRAPS!!! This paper was so pretty, all I needed to do was add an Inkadinkado flourish to each panel and various verses that were fitting for my friend. The only "embellishment" is the LOOP top which was created from the new Martha Stewart Loop border punch which I purchased from Joan while at her Get Together. I guess I'll have to give this Accordian Fold Card another try ... and hopefully "get it right this time!"


*************

My second sharing is a card I made for today's Crafty Secrets Forum Challenge over on Splitcoast Stampers ... hosted by Lori Lynn Washburn. Lori had a GREAT challenge idea today ... " A Peek Inside" ... where we are to use WINDOWS on our creations along with our Crafty Secrets products. What fun ... and the girls are coming up with some AWESOME ideas. They are still filtering in ... but you can check them out HERE.


I chose this beautiful image from the Crafty Secrets Christmas Images & Journal Notes booklet as my focus panel. After cutting my "window" frame using 2 sizes of Nestabilities scallop rectangles, I also used the largest of those two sizes and cut out a panel of clear acetate and a light gray panel. I then "sandwiched" my image in between the acetate (which I drew panes on using a black Sharpie pen) and the gray panel ... then adhered my black panel on top. My designer paper (to mimic wallpaper) is by Rusty Pickle ... the "window seal" is brown cs which I've used a MS border punch on and outlined with a gold Pilot marker. The sentiment comes from the SU "Frosty" set from a few years back.


Well that's it for today ... I'm still working on additional products for this weekend's local craftshow! Guess I'd better get busy before it's time for DH to return home and ready to eat!!! Thanks for stopping by and taking a peek!! Happy Stamping everyone!!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh so yummy and gorgeous hun!! BOTH OF THEM!! I love the accordian style card with the loopy edge and the vintage image on the second one split up on your layout!! So creative! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Darlene absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I just love them both and the accordian wow what a COOL design!!!! Beautiful work Girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These two cards are fabby! That accordian card is stunning! Love that vintagey Santa image and the way that you cut it apart! Gorgeous!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the accordion card!! The colors are so rich and fabulous!! Love the "window" on the second card...what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous cards Darlene! Love the colours!
    Your cards are always so wonderful!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both are lovely Darlene! You did an awesome job with that first one...it's fabulous hun!

    And that second one...love that image, those papers, and that cut-look...very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job Darlene!!! Your friend will love it and your CS card is beautiful too.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.