Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Midnight Madness #29

Yep ... it's that time again ... time for another MIDNIGHT MADNESS SKETCH CHALLENGE!! And even though at first glance I thought ... OH, this is going to be easy! WRONG!! I finally got it made and here I am to share it with all of you!!!



I actually cut into my Graphic45 Christmas pack for this creation. Have you seen this vintage paper??? OMGosh ... it is so beautiful, it took everything I had to cut into it ... taking deep breath now!! ANYWAYS ... I have used parts of both sides of this designer paper for my background and square panels on my A-6 sized card. The center strip (though hard to see since I covered it up) is a panel of garden green cs which was run through the cuttlebug using the snowflake embossing folder. Then in order to pick up the hint of blue (chalked) snowflakes in my image, I decided to use this blue snowflake holiday ribbon I purchased a Michael's a year or so ago. NOW, about my main image.

My friend (from across the pond), Jackie (Day's in the Life of ...), was sweet enough to send me a few of this Santa image ... isn't he awesome and I thought he would work well for today's sketch! I know it's difficult to see in the photo but I have used a Marvy Snow Marker for his eyebrows & beard and it looks really cool IRL!! I simply used a makeup applicator and some chalk for his cheeks and a gold Pilot marker to border the edge. I've also added a bit of red Stickles to the holly berries in the little square panels for a touch of dimension.

Thanks so much for stopping by! I could go on and on about this creation and others (as I'm sure you know I'm a bit chatty by nature ... teehee ...) but I really must get my work done ... drat!!

Please stop back tomorrow when I will have a PENNY'S CHALLENGE creation to share with you ... see you then!!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Santa on this wonderful Christmas card. Love the bells on the edge. The MMDesign Team thanks you for playing with us this week.

    Phyllis MMDesign Team

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is just perfect! What a wonderful take on the sketch. Great job. Thanks for playing with us at the MMSC this week. Happy Thanksgiving!

    Carolyn
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Darlene...woo hoo...thanks for giving me the heads up on your entry!!! You are my first comment this week!! Again, your card is stunning...how did you make it so fast??? I must be doing something really wrong coz it seems to take me ages to put a card together! I just love that vintage santa image...really, really beautiful, and you have paired it perfectly with the squares on the sides. Awesome job as always.
    You rocked the sketch big time. Thanks for being such a loyal player!
    Big hugs and Happy Thanksgiving!!
    Charlotte
    MMSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work here! You were fast with this one. I haven't started mine yet!!
    Hugs,
    Teri x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello Darlene, I had to laugh at your opening comment - I have lost count of how many times I have found the same thing - but I have to tell you - this is gorgeous! You always bring something fabulous to the challenge each week Darlene, thank you so much for your commitment to excellence - it shows in your work! I love this!! Thanks for playing the Midnight Madness Sketch Challenge this week, we look forward to seeing what you create next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm right there with you, deep breath now! That paper is, gasping, GORGEOUS!!! love it and that image is so very perfect for such paper. you rocked this one ladybug (or should I say, Diva of Vintage)!!
    Blessings,
    kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Darlene. Your card is absolutely fabulous. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!Beautiful!! Another fantastic card.. Love this santa..Very lovely work..
    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dar, this is just amazing!! What a stunning design!! Love the image and you are so fast with doing up these sketches!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. How beautiful this Vintage looking Santa card is. I truly love this paper and image. It looks fabulous. Thanks so much for playing along with us this week. It is a thrill to come by and see your creations and be inspired!!!

    Carol
    MMSC-Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Darlene this is perfect for the sketch! I love this Santa image! Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at MMSC this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.