Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Guest Designer Spot @ Digital Two For Tuesday

Happy Tuesday Everyone!


I am thrilled to be this week's Guest Designer at Digital Two For Tuesday.

If you haven't been to this site yet, you really need to pop right over and check it out! Cora Harkins is a lady with a vision, and EVERY Tuesday she generously shares 2 awesome images with all of us. That's right 2 images FREE for you to use to create beautiful works of art!! Each week she has a different guest designer creating with these various images and WOW what awesome inspiration!!!



This weeks images are very RETRO (at least I think they are Retro) and I had a GREAT time creating with them!!! For my first creation, I decided to "showcase" this loving couple by creating a scallop picture frame using my Nestabilities. The base card is very vanilla cardstock and I've used Creative Memories Green Gingham and SU Garden green for my other papers. After cutting my scalloped panel, I've used a gold Pilot marker to go around the edges. My image was coloring using Prismacolor Markers and Prisma Pencils. I placed it in behind the green panel and used dimensional tape for added dimension between the two panels. My sentiment is by Hero Arts. After stamping it onto very vanilla cardstock with Versafine black ink, I embossed it with detail clear ep and cut the words apart and placed them hap-hazzardly across the bottom.




I thought this sentiment went well with this Retro image because something as simple as taking the time to work in the kitchen together as a couple is something rarely done today. My DH is a far better cook than I but since he's been ill the past couple of years I've been doing more of the cooking and he "just loves" being the taste tester!!


This second image was so much fun to color and create with. Again I have used Prismacolor markers and Prisma Pencils for the most of the coloring ... but this time I've also used Creative Memories silver and copper pens for the pot and utensils on the stove.


Here is the RECIPE for this card:

Stamps: Crafty Secrets (kitchen classics) for the utensils and spice can
Papers: Very Vanilla, Garden Green, Daisy D's designer paper
Inks: Versafine black
Accessories: Prismacolor markers, Prisma pencils, Creative Memories silver pen and copper pen, Gamsol, distresser, JoAnn's vintage ivory lace ribbon, Fiskars swivel craft knife



I hope you enjoyed viewing these cards as much as I enjoyed making them. Now it's YOUR turn. The images are FREE ... just hop on over to the Digital Tuesday Blog and grab your images ... print them out and start CREATING!

I would LOVE to see what you come up! Here's what you do: Post your project using at least one of the digital stamps on YOUR blog and mention Digital Tuesday with a link. Then leave a comment at the Digital Tuesday Blog with a link to YOUR blog. It's as easy as that! I'll be watching for your creation and will pop over to your blog to comment!

Enjoy your day and thanks for stopping by! Happy Stamping!!!

10 comments:

  1. Dar, I simply adore your card! These vintage images are just amazing and you do such a fabby job with them. Congrats on your GDT spot! Wooo Hoooo!
    Blessings,
    Kim xXx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well congrats on being the GD this week, that's pretty cool!

    That scallop with the retro looks awesome with your green checkered paper...this is an awesome creation hun : )

    Great coloring job on the 2nd one, and what pretty papers! Awesome job on both girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now these are just AWESOME!! I really LOVE your fabby green colors and these images are so cool!! I need to check these out because you always do something cool with these images!! TFS! HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic cards, Dar. I love the scalloped frame and sentimenton the first card. Your second card reminds me of being in the kitchen and cooking with my mom. Love the seasoning box and fork & spoon embellishments.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Darlene, these are just fabulous! You know me, I NEED these images! I'm gonna hop over there right now and snatch them! Thanks for sharing! See you over at SCS later!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your new (at least to me) blog look!! You do retro vintage so good - these are just the best!! You set the images off just perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Digital 2 for Tuesday! And you're card are great....vintage classics. Love them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Darlene - Both cards are so fun! I really like how you've added the Crafty Secrets images to the second card. They work so well with Cora's vintage image. You are a BUSY lady!! Thanks for your inspiration.
    Cymthia (SCS - Stampinak)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great images Darlene and you did a fabulous job with them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. no way!!! one of my fave peeps on one of my fave sites!!! :) how cool is that! love how you put your cards together! and so smart to use the Crafty Secrets with the one.

    I think I am up for Guest in the next week or so and I am so excited. I love the images that show up week after week! you really rocked these!!! yipppppeeeee for Darlene!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.