Thursday, November 12, 2009

Wonderful Online FRIENDS ...



I received this award awhile back from my friend and co-team member for Digital Ink Co ... Kim at Memories in Thyme. In the rules, there is a long list of questions which you are to give one word answers to ... but since Blogger won't let me cut & paste these days, that part will have to wait for another day ... sorry! I've been trying to get it to work so I could post this earlier but nothing seems to be helping!! ?? !! Thanks Kim for your kindness ... it's been so much fun getting to know you and all the others on the team!! What an awesomely talented group that I am so proud to be a part of!!

***************

Kathy (Stitchy Stamps) over on Digital-Ink Co. created this AWESOME Blog Award (isn't it beautiful) for our DT, to show her appreciation for us showcasing her images in our creations. If you haven't seen Kathy's digi images ... please, rush right over ... check them out ... then make your purchase!

I have been so blessed to be working on this design team with these amazing creators, the other DT members and of course our LEADERS! What an awesome group and what fun!!!

Thanks Kathy for this honor! I'm proud and thrilled to be able to play with all your wonderful creations ... PLEASE ... keep 'em coming!!

***************

Now if that wasn't enough ... (I AM SO BLESSED!!!) ... today I received this wonderful award from my friend and Crafty Secrets buddy Julie Campbell - A Vintage Chic. If you have never been to Julie's blog ... PLEASE, click on the link and check it out ... she is so talented!! Not only in her card making abilities, but cooking (shares recipes) ... photography (shares beautiful scenes) and her wonderful, bubbly personality is very contagious!! If I ever make it back over to the "other" coastline ... I'll surely be knocking on Julie's door!!! Thanks girlfriend for this honor ... I'll display it proudly!!


For this one I'm supposed to tell you 5 things you don't already know about me!! So, here goes! (A couple of these I posted a long time ago on another award ruling ... sorry if I repeat myself ... my life isn't all that exciting!! teehee)

1. I've been married THREE times (third time's the charm) and the first time was at age 17 (what was I thinking?????)

2. I took DANCING (tap & ballet) from age 3 until age 16 along with my sister, Linda, who is 13 months older than myself.

3. Linda & I went back to DANCING together again when we were in our 40's and won a ShowStopper Competition in N.C. (not bad for dancing grannies, LOL).

4. I can type 90 words a minute with zero errors. As long as I have my fingers, I'll always have a job!! (Not that I want one mind you!!)

5. I am TERRIFIED of loosing my husband ... I've always known he is the best thing that has ever happened to me (other than giving birth to my DD) ... but after this last year's bout with cancer ... I am even more afraid but I put my trust in the Lord that if that time comes ... he will guide me through it!


Thanks everyone for letting me boast a bit! I can remember not all that long ago I made the comment to my daughter ... "I'll never have a blog ... I wouldn't know where to start or what to say" !! Well it didn't take me long to figure it out and THANK GOD I DID!! I have met SO MANY wonderful, supportive people through blogland ... I can't imagine my day without them all! And that means YOU!!! Blessed Day To You!!!

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your blog awards, Darlene! I cannot think of anyone more deserving. Your energy, enthusiasm, creativity, and positive attitude are always inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo congrats girl, you deserve all of them!

    Loved reading more aboutya, and wow! 90 words, no mistakes? Awesome!

    And I know exactly what you mean about blogging. My sis (she does blog-designs) has been blogging for years, and I never understood it til I broke down and had her help design one for me, and immediately I was hooked.

    And now....*sigh* well, I would not have found such awesome, amazing friends like YOU! Yep, I am honored and Blessed to have a friend like you Darlene!

    ~hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marcy hit it right on the head--you are all those things and more! Thanks for your kind words, and I LOVED getting to know a little more about you! What a fascinating woman you are! I wish you would come knock on my door, Darlene! We'd have a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Darlene!!! Thanks for sharing a little about yourself too. And, I am lucky as I have gotten to meet you in person!
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! Congrats on your special awards hun!! I enjoyed reading a bit more about you...you are a very special person and I'm honored to know you hun!! HUGS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave me some love!

In line with new Data Protection legislation (GDPR) by commenting you do so in the knowledge that your name & comment are visible to all who visit this blog and thereby consent to the use of that personal information for that specific purpose.